Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2020
I'm looking at buying a used 10.5" 64GB iPad Pro (wifi only) w/ Apple Pencil & Case that's in like new condition for $400. The bundle comes with original box + wrappings and everything. It is a local buyer and I'm not really worried about them ripping me off - looked through their profile and they are a professional photog in town that just doesn't use the item.

Does that seem like a good deal? I want a IPP and don't super want to spend over $450 and feel like this may be my best bet besides taking a risk on an 11" on eBay (and that's if I'm lucky and can find a cheap one)...

Only worried about how quickly it may get outdated or lose value, and while I'd prefer the uniform bevels of the newer gens I think I can live with bigger bevels (plus I do like the headphone jack and touch ID).

I work as a graphic designer and since Illustrator is now supported on iPad I figured I'd look into getting one. I am also in the beginning stages of learning to illustrate/draw. There isn't a super huge necessity for me to have the Pro versus other models... just that I figured if I could acquire an IPP at a reasonable deal I might as well.. thoughts?

Last edited:

Chevyguy2021

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
I would spend another $100 and get the 11 pro 2018 or try to get it for like $350. I just sold my 11 pro 64gb 2018 on swappa for $510.
The "bright spot on the screen" was an issue I had on my 10.5 iPad Pro. It was super annoying so I traded it in to apple back in 2018 and got the iPad Pro 11. It was an amazing device. I would inspect the screen to see If it has the bright spot issue. I would personally not buy a 10.5 due to the screen issue that has happen to many people.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I'm looking at buying a used 10.5" 64GB iPad Pro (wifi only) w/ Apple Pencil & Case that's in like new condition for $400. Comes with original box + wrappings and everything. It is a local buyer and I'm not really worried about them ripping me off - looked through their profile and they are a professional photog in town that just doesn't use the item.

Does that seem like a good deal? I want a IPP and don't super want to spend over $450 and feel like this may be my best bet besides taking a risk on an 11" on eBay (and that's if I'm lucky and can find a cheap one)...

Only worried about how quickly it may get outdated or lose value, and while I'd prefer the uniform bevels of the newer gens I think I can live with bigger bevels (plus I do like the headphone jack and touch ID).

I work as a graphic designer and since Illustrator is now supported on iPad I figured I'd look into getting one. I am also in the beginning stages of learning to illustrate/draw. There isn't a super huge necessity for me to have the Pro versus other models... just that I figured if I could acquire an IPP at a reasonable deal I might as well.. thoughts?
No, that isn't a good deal. Steer away from it.

Reactions: Digitalguy

jlors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2020
Noted, thanks for your replies! Having a pretty hard time finding 2018 11" IPP's closer to my price range but I'll keep looking!

jlors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2020
I've had that internal debate as well, but I'm pretty interested in ProMotion and the Laminated display...

Reactions: javisan

jlors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2020
exactly, I would give up promotion anyday in echange for not having the white spot...
I hear ya! I feel like this is moreso a common issue with the 10.5 than with the 11 right? I did pass on the original deal mentioned in the original post - looking at 2018 11's now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.