Is This A Good Deal For Mac Pro? Help Quick!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by VeganHipster, Jul 22, 2011.

1. VeganHipster macrumors regular

I have found an amazing deal on craigslist for a Mac Pro. $750 with two dual core Xeon processors and two video cards. I am thinking of swapping out the video card with the one in my current gaming pc. Is this a good deal? Reply quick because I am not sure how long this will be up! Thank you!

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think it's a good deal.

3. VeganHipster thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the quick reply! Do you think I will be able to change the proccesor to an i5 or are those better?

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Oh I have no idea about that, lol
    I just know that even Mac Pros that are a few years old can still sell for about $1000 so when I saw the specs (looks fairly new) and the price, I thought it was a good deal. The Xeon is pretty powerful as it is. I'm sure someone can provide insight on your question though.

Does the Mac Pro have warranty? It would be disappointing if something failed and wasn't covered.

5. Rocco83 macrumors 6502

don't be disappointed if it turns out to be a scam. It seems that Apple products (especially the computers) are a big draw for scammers as they can still get good bang for the buck on trying to scam people out of their money.

I've been trying to get a MBP on there for about 2 months and every decent deal on there seems to have a scammer behind it that wants to ship it to me because they are either deployed or out of town on business for an extended time.

It sounds like a good deal, I hope the best for you on the deal and all goes well for you.