Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Omarbil, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Omarbil macrumors newbie

I am looking for an iPhone 5S instead of my galaxy s4 active. This guy offered me an iPhone 5S with a cracked screen and $175 dollars. I really don't know if its good or not.

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I'm pretty sure its not too cheap to replace that glass, because its so hard with the touch id. but if you could get it fixed go for it.

3. blarivee macrumors 6502

If you can't fix it, or the damage is beyond the display, you can go to Apple and pay $265 for out of warranty replacement.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You'd want to make sure it has a clean ESN and it doesn't have the activation lock enabled.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Factor the out of warranty service cost into your consideration.

6. blarivee macrumors 6502

Actually I think it's better just to bring it to Apple and let them suggest the most appropriate replacement. You don't want to buy a new screen on your own and find out it's the logic board that is also damaged. Then you'll have to pay out of warranty cost at Apple and a now unnecessary extra screen.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Well it costs $280 or something like that to get it swapped via Apple. So you'd basically get a brand new 5S for around $450 which is pretty good, I think.

But as stated, make sure it is not stolen/has passcode or activasion lock, etc

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Apple also replaces screens in store now... I think it costs $150.

Also, if possible, just ask to meet at the Apple store. Last two phones I sold happened at the Apple store. They are generally happy to help.