Is this a good time to buy an MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mev1205, Jul 24, 2010.

  1. mev1205 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    #1
    Are there any rumors of the MBP maybe receiving an upgrade fairly soon? I've been wanting to switch to a Mac for a long time and I don't want to upgrade and have a new version come out the next month. I'm long overdue for an upgrade to a Mac because I've had a ****** Dell for so long, and I'm really anxious to get a Mac now so I can use it at school next year. I was looking into the 13" because it's quite a bit cheaper, and I think I want to get the higher end version of the 13" (which would be $1399 with my student discount). But I can't help feeling that the Core 2 Duo (which I believe the 13" has) is outdated and much slower technology than that of the i5 (for the 15"). Is there really that much of a difference in performance? Should I shell out the extra $300 or so to get the 15" and the i5?
     
  2. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #2
  3. tim100 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 25, 2009
    #3
    Yes

    The c2d is in the Mac mini, iMac, MacBook, and 13 MacBook pro. It is across the Mac lines.
     
  4. mattkidd macrumors regular

    mattkidd

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2008
    Location:
    United Kingdom England Northants
    #4
    I would say its a great time to purchase one! ;) Dont worry about all the speculation of a new one coming otherwise you will just worry if theres going to be another again! Just go for it, they're just amazing and i couldnt be happier :cool: take the leap and get one! There's nothing to loose. Even if there is a new one down the line you can always sell which ever one you purchase shortly down the line and it would probably be only a couple more quid to buy the latest one then? as long as you keep it in top condition, so dont worry! and take the leap ;)
     
  5. Khryz macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    #5
    I was curious about this too and searched around and a lot of people say that even if there is a refresh within the next 3-4 months it most likely will be a very minor one with a slight processor bump - nothing worth waiting for.

    I just bought one myself. It should be here Monday!
     
  6. wordoflife macrumors 604

    wordoflife

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2009
  7. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    #7
    the high end 13" is the worst buy of the lot. the 2.66 costs the same as the 2.4 for Apple and they sell it for $300 more.

    the base 15" is the smartest buy.
     

Share This Page