Is this a good time to buy an MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mev1205, Jul 24, 2010.

1. mev1205 macrumors newbie

Are there any rumors of the MBP maybe receiving an upgrade fairly soon? I've been wanting to switch to a Mac for a long time and I don't want to upgrade and have a new version come out the next month. I'm long overdue for an upgrade to a Mac because I've had a ****** Dell for so long, and I'm really anxious to get a Mac now so I can use it at school next year. I was looking into the 13" because it's quite a bit cheaper, and I think I want to get the higher end version of the 13" (which would be $1399 with my student discount). But I can't help feeling that the Core 2 Duo (which I believe the 13" has) is outdated and much slower technology than that of the i5 (for the 15"). Is there really that much of a difference in performance? Should I shell out the extra $300 or so to get the 15" and the i5?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. tim100 macrumors 65816

Yes

The c2d is in the Mac mini, iMac, MacBook, and 13 MacBook pro. It is across the Mac lines.

4. mattkidd macrumors regular

mattkidd

I would say its a great time to purchase one! ;) Dont worry about all the speculation of a new one coming otherwise you will just worry if theres going to be another again! Just go for it, they're just amazing and i couldnt be happier :cool: take the leap and get one! There's nothing to loose. Even if there is a new one down the line you can always sell which ever one you purchase shortly down the line and it would probably be only a couple more quid to buy the latest one then? as long as you keep it in top condition, so dont worry! and take the leap ;)

5. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I was curious about this too and searched around and a lot of people say that even if there is a refresh within the next 3-4 months it most likely will be a very minor one with a slight processor bump - nothing worth waiting for.

I just bought one myself. It should be here Monday!

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

7. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

the high end 13" is the worst buy of the lot. the 2.66 costs the same as the 2.4 for Apple and they sell it for $300 more.

the base 15" is the smartest buy.