iPhone X is this Apple (Alice) in Wonderland ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vish26, Aug 9, 2018.

1. vish26, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018

vish26 macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

On the Outset this might sound like a Unnecessary Rant but when you guys come to think about it, you guys would understand what I am talking is sense. So I am from one of those countries that Apple is struggling really hard to make its presence felt and is trying to woo the Customers, (Holy Cow !! I am talking about India) but every time it tries to do so, it falls flat on its face partly because of strong resistance by people here and the Indian Government not making any easy for a Foreign Company like Apple to do Business here.

Apple and iOS share in India is Meagre 2.5% that’s it !! That’s what Mr Tim Cook & Company gets out of this 1 Billion Population Country !! I am not here to talk about how Apple can make it better, but rather I am here to talk about something which a lot of Apple Fanboys yes, including me are just kind of Blind folded to not to see it. I mean Apple lives in some sort of Fantasy Land, Alice in Wonderland !! Kind of Scenario where it is convinced and delusional convinced that My Set Of Customers are not gonna go anywhere and are always gonna be with me and so Apple makes development and feature updates at its own leisure pace, in a snail mail speed.

So when other competitors go ten steps ahead in terms of technology advancement and features, Apple makes a small baby step by just going two steps ahead !! I mean what kind of deluded world is Appe living in? Just to give you guys an example, in India the Chinese Telecom Companies are Just thriving to capture this market companies like Oppo, Vivo, One Plus are 100% more lucrative offer than Apple. Just to give you one example. With the new launch of this Phone Oppo Find X it has come out with a feature that is simply jaw dropping !! It is a Marvel, What we see in Movies in Sc-Fi, Action Movies like Mission Impossible and stuff these Chinese Makers have given it to the people to relish !! So this Phone comes with a feature called the 3D Scanning of the Face what it does is, just like Apple Mimoji or Animoji or whatever goddamn it is called lol !! makes the user scan its face by moving its face upwards, downwards, left, right and then creates a 3D Skull image of the face and then in the beautify option it gives an option to correct a Flaw in your Birth Design given to you by Mother Nature and God, to correct, You can reduce your chin size, you can bring up your cheek bones, Literally Sculpt your look !! And then when you save it, the magic happens, Next Time onwards whenever you would take a selfie, It would take your Live, Actual, Human Face Pictures (Not some Bloody Cartoon Caricature, or Mimoji or Animoji) Yes you heard it right !! it would show your actual face photos (Selfies) with the corrected Jaw Line, Chin Improvement, literally a Plastic Surgery Feature without actually doing it ! isn’t that just fantastic !! This is all actual real Pictures not some Bloody Cartoon Picture of yours. When will Apple give all this to its users ?? Apple is just moving ahead with a snail mail speed, doing things and taking things as it wants and when it wants to !!

This is the Oppo Find X Product site

https://www.oppo.com/in/smartphone-find_x

2. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

No one wants or needs this “amazing” Chinese tech you speak of.

3. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

Only handful of U.S audience would say that in defence for Home Country Company ! Apple Lobby !! People are going ga ga over this feature !!

4. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

Anyone that takes selfies of themselves & regularly plasters their stupid face over social media has severe issues in my book. Some people clearly have too much free time on their hands to go ‘ga ga’ over that crap you mentioned.

5. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

No offence meant but I smell of strong American capitalism in here !!

6. JPack macrumors 68020

JPack

Half your post is about a single photo correction feature on the OPPO. I would call that a rant.

Android dominates in countries where per capita GDP and household incomes are low. India has by far the lowest household income of all the G20 countries. It’s no surprise a premium brand like Apple has poor market penetration in a large undeveloped economy like India. The population is big, but disposable income is extremely low.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2016/04/29/household-income-inequality-ladders-to-climb

7. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

I’m not American.

8. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

I would literally never use this feature, and care nothing about the development of it for my iPhone

9. augustya macrumors 68020

augustya

Having a low per capita income has got nothing do with the success a particular brand phone !! Today there is not a single feature with just a minor exception here and there there is no such feature which Apple iOS provides which the Android Army does not ! So please do not relate this to Android = Poor Man's Food and iOS = Rich Person's glass of Champagne !!

10. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

I could just as easily buy an Oppo or whatever if I wanted to (in fact it would save me money) but no other phone, in my opinion, comes close to an iPhone and iOS.

Also not American.

11. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Apple is completely missing the boat by failing to implement e-surgical picture manipulation?

Animoji as a showcase feature is bad enough. This goes off the deep end.

12. BugeyeSTI macrumors 65816

BugeyeSTI

I could care less about this feature. I don’t use Animoji or Snapchat or any other facial manipulation apps. It seems like something that would interest a child or teen to tell you the truth. I’m completely happy with what the iPhone X offers and don’t need a phone packed with useless tech.

13. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

The information presented by the OP is completely irrelevant and its not classified as a ‘feature’ if this never will be a reality for the iPhone from Apple.

14. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

And yet the Apple Cult will follow them ! Come what May !! So everyone has a choice ! No issues on that !

You guys should see it in action and then decide how handy it could be ? Sad OPPO is not available in the U.S !!

15. Phone Junky macrumors 6502a

Isn't that fantastic? Not to me. If I'm sending a picture of myself (rarely), it's gonna be me. Not some computer enhanced, cosmetically altered version of myself. I don't see the point. I guess that makes me part of the "Apple Cult". Hardly.

16. Krayzkat macrumors 6502

Krayzkat

All the geeks on here (including me) are probably not vain enough to care about this feature, but i'm sure if this came out over here then all the Snapchating Instagraming self-centred selfie lovers would love this feature.

17. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

I would never use this feature. I might test the technology once but never use it. These are the kinds of "features" that usually dies after one iteration.

18. JPack macrumors 68020

JPack

From the University of Chicago and National Bureau of Economic Research:

"Across all years in our data, no individual brand is as predictive of being high-income as owning an Apple iPhone in 2016. Knowing whether someone owns an iPad in 2016 allows us to guess correctly whether the person is in the top or bottom income quartile 69 percent of the time."​

http://www.nber.org/papers/w24771

Owning an Apple device has everything to do with income.

19. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

20. augustya macrumors 68020

augustya

With Animoji and Mimoji is the iPhone X with a iOS 12 also not a Toy ? :rolleyes:

21. Shanghaichica macrumors 604

Shanghaichica

Asians want it.

More people would probably want it in Europe and the US if they could get access to it.

We are quite limited over here. There’s Apple and on the android side there’s Samsung, google, LG, HTC, Motorola.

In some places Sony and Huwawei.

There is much more choice in places like India and China.

22. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

I’m imagining the horror acquaintances will have when they meet you in person.

23. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

lol ! But it is a subtle difference not some difference of day and night ! :p

24. Phone Junky macrumors 6502a

For what? I would find this just as useless as animojis, memojis, etc. I guess I'm too old to "get it".

25. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

A Phone is also a fun device that is a philosophy that Apple has only preached to the world !!