Is this ebay seller too good to be true? Stainless link bands, OEM apple bands

lilackat

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
Me again! Just wearing my sb link bracelet for the first time today & have noticed a tiny silver dot I presume it’s a scratch on the edge of one of the links & the clasp doesn’t always seem to click shut straight away I have to fiddle with it. I bought an “new unopened “ one am I just being picky, is this to be expected? Also see pic attached, should you see a gap between the links when you wear it? I’m thinking maybe it’s inevitable if it’s bending round your wrist?

Attachments

Last edited:

applemaniac78

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2020
hi. anyone a idea, how the process in china has affect to transport times (esp. Speedpak)? I ordered one in Mid January, but it did not leaved China yet. Expected Delivery date should be next week. But it´s already in DONGGUAN, regional distribution center. Hoped it was sent before Chinese New Year and will pass the crisis there, but it seemd it was not ... is there any ground and air transport in that region, or is stoped there everything?

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
hi. anyone a idea, how the process in china has affect to transport times (esp. Speedpak)? I ordered one in Mid January, but it did not leaved China yet. Expected Delivery date should be next week. But it´s already in DONGGUAN, regional distribution center. Hoped it was sent before Chinese New Year and will pass the crisis there, but it seemd it was not ... is there any ground and air transport in that region, or is stoped there everything?
I ordered a band last Friday from Chargerstore via Ebay. The tracking info says that it shipped today, but the estimated delivery date is March 27th. That is almost 7 weeks!!!

CarlJ

macrumors 68040
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I ordered a band last Friday from Chargerstore via Ebay. The tracking info says that it shipped today, but the estimated delivery date is March 27th. That is almost 7 weeks!!!
My past orders from Chargerstore to California, each took right around 2 weeks. Likely all the quarantines associated with the Coronavirus are playing havoc with the schedule (possible quarantines of workers in all phases of the shipping process, possible quarantines of the cargo itself, etc.).

Reactions: 28Gauge

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Me again! Just wearing my sb link bracelet for the first time today & have noticed a tiny silver dot I presume it’s a scratch on the edge of one of the links & the clasp doesn’t always seem to click shut straight away I have to fiddle with it. I bought an “new unopened “ one am I just being picky, is this to be expected? Also see pic attached, should you see a gap between the links when you wear it? I’m thinking maybe it’s inevitable if it’s bending round your wrist?
I picked one of these up last year. It was marked pre-owned and had some wear in a few spots. It was a good price and it’ll end up with scratches with use anyway, so I was happy with it.

The gaps between the links looks pretty similar on mine and sometimes I have to put a finger on the top of the clasp and “pinch” so it’ll click shut.

Have you owned and regularly wore a watch before?

lilackat

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
I picked one of these up last year. It was marked pre-owned and had some wear in a few spots. It was a good price and it’ll end up with scratches with use anyway, so I was happy with it.

The gaps between the links looks pretty similar on mine and sometimes I have to put a finger on the top of the clasp and “pinch” so it’ll click shut.

Have you owned and regularly wore a watch before?
Hi, This is my second Apple Watch but for the first one I had the Milanese loop but I had to reject that because I have long hair and it used to catch in the strap so just used to wear it with the sport loop. I thought for this watch I would try the link bracelet.

seeforyourself

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2014
I would go for it. Its so hard to differentiate an authentic and a knock off unless you're wearing it. I bought my boyfriend a knockoff nike one which the only way to tell its fake by taking it off and not seeing the nike logo on the back of the band.

Also though you DO notice it because it feels lesser quality and more rubbery than the authentic one, although who cares because it looks good!

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Hi, This is my second Apple Watch but for the first one I had the Milanese loop but I had to reject that because I have long hair and it used to catch in the strap so just used to wear it with the sport loop. I thought for this watch I would try the link bracelet.
I asked about previous watches because I’ve noticed some folks who have never worn a watch before have unrealistic expectations about wear and tear and physical appearances of a piece of metal and glass strapped to their wrist. My previous (non-Apple) watches and watch bands all had dings and scuffs, and I would consider this normal.

Based on that, my SBSS S4 and SB link bracelet have held up very well. And finally, when I bought the link bracelet from the eBay guy for $128 and it had a couple of marks and blemishes, I just didn’t care: it’ll get marks on it eventually anyway, and I saved over $300.

Attachments

Reactions: twanj