Is this jailbreak a Scam???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by baelastar, Jul 28, 2010.

1. baelastar macrumors newbie

Hi, recently i found this page http://unlockiphone4os.com/index.html

They charge for unlocking even the :apple:iPhone 4, but I think is a scam. Any one knows anything about this web site?:confused:

2. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

why would you pay for a jailbreak when it will be free? of course its fake.
    clicked the link..did you look at the picture? an iPhone on Verizon?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You dont even need to ask something like that.
    Offcourse its a scam.
    Dont fall for it.

4. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

ALL WEBSITES THAT CHARGE FOR JB/UNLOCK ARE FAKE!! That simple. only legit jailbreaks come from @comex or @dev_team on twitter.

spiritjb.com

http://blog.iphone-dev.org

5. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

6. andy071202 macrumors member

Yep they take your money and give you a service that does not work
    they give u software but it does not work.
    And when u complain they make it out as if you went wrong and it was your fault and u don't get your money back.
    These sites are scams and surely by the response that you have received from different members of this forum you will not fall a victim of this
    please stay away and remember All Unlock and Jailbreak has been told by the developers that this service is FREE

7. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

It's a scam, all Jailbreaks are free, and no paid jailbreak will work more/better than free ones

8. iTouch macrumors 6502

Not really a scam. They are providing a service but it's something that can easily be done by the owner of the device. This remembers me of Life Lock, which people thought was scam. It's service but it's something that can be done by the person. Nothing special was done. It was deemed not a scam but I understand why people would consider it a scam.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

no Scam they lie to people say they have a jailbreak suck as iPhone 4 and charge money. then they wait for the jailbreak and unlocks from the dev-team just like us. and resell stuff the dev-team gives for free. doesn't bother to tell people they can get it free. often offers no support. I could go on people that need help should somebody familiar and honest off sites like craigslist. shouldn't cost more then $20 or so but they peovide a actual service these sites do not!

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No, they are selling an iPhone 4 jailbreak and unlock, which does not exist. You cannot legitimately sell a non-existent product or a service that you cannot deliver on.

11. iTouch macrumors 6502

I was speaking in general. I see quite a few ads regarding jailbreaking for a fee. If it's for an iPhone 4 then i would say it's a scam at this point. But when it's released then I see no issue. There are lot of people who are not tech savvy willing to pay.

12. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This is not a general thread, it's a specific thread about this poster's issue. You told him it wasn't a scam, and that is 100% false.

Secondly, this is not someone charging for his time and expertise, this is someone selling free software that does not belong to him. If I set up a website selling Firefox for $29.99, that would be scam. And so is this.

13. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Truer words have never been spoken sir.

14. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I wish this was plastered at the top of these forums. I swear these forums have turned into a support group for impatient 12 year olds.

15. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I was thinking about making a topic with direct links to the Dev Team twitters and fakes to look out for, but all I'll get is "oMG we Kn0w This already !!!11!!! like 4TH TOIPC!!!! MOD WASSLAND PLZ!!" and other sleazy comments to follow.

16. iTouch macrumors 6502

I see your point about this being specific to the poster. But you if feel so strongly about this you should report the website. Instead of letting people get scammed.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

:rolleyes:

18. maxcert macrumors newbie

Is this jailbreak a Scam???

How to know if some site is a scam?

To help another people, I found this complaint in December 23, 2010:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=unlockiphone4os.com&everything=Everything

(Complaint Comment)
    Posted: 2010-09-24 by solo

Unauthorized charge!
    >>>www.unlockiphone4os.com<<<
    >>>swreg.org card<<<
    >>>www.cardquery.com<<<
    ABOVE WEBSITES... STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM.
    SCAM SCAM SCAM

I SHOULD HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH BEFORE THE PURCHASE

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

1+ yes do research before giving them money. In the case of jailbreaks and unlocks you can get something for nothing.. :D Musclenerd has warning of the dev-team blob as well but still people get scammed. most people that need it will never see your post...

20. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

That is not necessarily true. We have no idea what the future holds. Maybe some mega company will come along with genius programmers and market the most amazing shiny app that will do this faster, better, and more reliably.

And maybe some day rabbits will have shot guns so bears won't screw with them either.

Never say never though.

21. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Check out the video tour. "PLUS ... access to installer.app". Hilarious.

22. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Definitely a scam. Unfortunately what they are doing is not illegal... :( they're selling a service, not the program in which is used to jailbreak. It's unfortunate that people fall into this trap.

23. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

It's NOT a service.

Because they were trying to sell unlocks before it was available.

Otherwise they repackage FREE software to scam people.

24. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I don't know where you get the idea that it is not illegal to fraudulently advertise a service you can't deliver on.