Is this mac mini look-alike any good?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Che Castro, Aug 10, 2012.

1. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

3. wickedking94 macrumors 6502

I think for the same price my iPod touch can do more and has double the storage.

4. JTToft macrumors 68040

It's ridiculous how much Samsung is copying Apple...

5. takezo808 macrumors member

It's external apperance is like a mac mini, but it's really a netbook thats not portable.

With Google Chrome as it's OS, it's less productive than an a smart phone.

just because it looks like an apple product, does not mean it's comparable.

6. hafr macrumors 68030

They're called nettops ;) "Man, it's like a laptop, but for desks." ;)

7. blanka macrumors 68000

No, it seems a big fail. Only ASRock does some nice stuff as they at least put in faster graphics, quad i7's and BR players. They don't manage to get the AC section inside the unit unfortunately.

----------

No! IT IS GREAT. I love Samsung copying Apple. Apple is TOO LAZY lately. If they sicken all current Apple designs, Apple may finally go back to the drawing table and come up with something stellar new. They really need it. Their design department is getting sleepy I guess.

8. Major.Robto macrumors 6502

its running the google os, I would not even bother.

Google wants to rule the world and have there spy ware everwheres.

9. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

-10 downvote. Just because there is no button doesn't mean I can't downvote you.

What a truly perverted attitude: You _love_ Samsung copying Apple and call Apple _lazy_? Who are the lazy, copying ****ards here? What is going on in your mind?

10. hafr macrumors 68030

It's very logical, I don't really understand how you can't get it...

A lot of people feel Apple have always had the best designs, very Apple-y, and a lot of them actually buy Apple's products because of the design. But Apple haven't really invented anything design-wise for quite some time now, so the person you were quoting is hoping that other companies will catch up and drown Apple in look-a-likes, thereby forcing Apple's design team to reinvent instead of adjust.

11. RedCroissant Suspended

Samsung of course is not the only company copying Apple and that can be seen by Sony and Vizio. I think Apple is still the best when it comes to design and I think the rMBP is a testament to that. I can only imagine what the changes in fan design and heat dissipation will do for the iMac and for the MacPro.

And no, I would not buy the Samsung iWannaBeApple. I would spend the extra $300 for a real computer that doesn't make me feel like I'm renting a device.

12. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

If you do EVERYTHING on the internet and ALL of your storage is/can be cloud based (or if you want an external hard drive/ssd) then it might be worth it. (Odds are it isn't even if all of those cases are met)

That is assuming you already have a real computer with a real operating system.

13. eas macrumors member

There is a lot more to great design than novelty. I'd rather Apple have more latitude to keep refining their best designs rather than being forced to make radical changes to distinguish themselves from from a copy-cat that is just going to copy whatever new thing they come up with anyway.

14. hafr macrumors 68030

I agree, there is a difference between a timeless design made with great care, and cutting edge design. My guess is Apple is trying to make both; completely new designs that will last a very long time. Of course they're not going to be able to come up with those every two weeks :)