Is this Madeleine McCann?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by freeny, Sep 26, 2007.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Attached Files:

2. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

3. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah i thought the same ... we need more pictures of the hat

ontopic:
    with that picture quality pretty much every blond kid will look the same

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

who knows, could be any one of a million kids.

5. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Well, if it is her, and she is found alive and safe, you can rest assured that the media will quickly issue an apology. "Whoops! Sorry we accused you of poisoning your child! And for coming up with all of those conspiracy theories about where you'd hidden the body all this time! So sorry!"

6. richkent72 macrumors regular

But how many Moroccans have blonde kids?

7. Queso macrumors G4

That child looks a good year younger than Madeleine's four years of age. Are we going to have to go through this whenever someone on holiday spots a blond girl within 50 miles of the Mediterranean?

8. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Yes, and it may be an inconvenience to you. just a warning.

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

For the parents, perhaps. As is appropriate.

For many of us in the UK, we're fed up with the story.

10. Queso macrumors G4

Fair enough. It's just some of us have seen this all before. Didn't amount to much then either.

Link

11. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Thank you! Thank you! For saying that. I was beginning to think I was the only one in the UK who had gone past caring.

12. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Not at all. In fact it seems that most people follow it more like a soap opera rather than a news story.

13. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Fair enough. But being a parent myself it is difficult not to wish for their nightmare to end.

14. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

While I do agree that their situation is unpleasant to say the least. Part of the blame at least has to go to them for being stupid enough to leave their children alone in a place which they do not know.

Plus think about all the other children that have gone missing that could have been found if the media where not so one track minded.

15. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I think everyone wishes for the best in this situation. It's the 3 ring circus the media has put on over that has worn patience thin.

16. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

True, true and true, but its not the little girls fault that her parents were stupid and the media is on this like flies on sh*t. Im pretty sure she misses them.

Oh, and the hat probably scares her a little.

17. Queso macrumors G4

As a parent would you repeatedly leave your children in an unlocked apartment whilst you partied over a hundred yards away in a restaurant completely out of sight? And a restaurant the other side of an open swimming pool from where your kids were to boot? Yes it's a tragedy, but one that only the tiniest bit of common sense on the part of Gerry and Kate McCann could have prevented. Common sense that most parents follow.

From the BBC Website:-

[​IMG]

Sorry, but I find it difficult to have sympathy for the McCann parents. Madeleine I feel incredibly sorry for though, as well as her younger siblings that will most likely grow up never knowing their sister.

18. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The media have been all over this story because the parents have had a carefully-planned and professional PR campaign run for them by various well-connected people, people connected with government, with briefings and leaks all over the place. So let's not blame the media; they report what they've been given.

19. takao macrumors 68040

takao

very likely thousands, since there is an ethnic minority in marroco just like in siciliy and lebanon where the chance of blond children is increased

there are 30+ million people living in marroco so even if the percentage is 1 (it is higher afaik) percent that leaves plenty of blonde people

20. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I really hope that this little girl is found safe and well but it is looking less and less likely. I don't think the Portuguese have helped themselves but that is for another topic.

What annoys me is how many other children go missing every day in other parts of the world and we never hear a thing, whilst this one is being rammed down out throats incase she turns up at your local corner shop!

Sorry it aint going to happen, let the police and family do their job. This is one of the reasons why I don't buy newspapers anymore, they are an absolute disgrace. Shame on them all... :mad:

21. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Amen. And not only their nightmare - the little girl's, too, if she's still alive. They are terrified and no doubt wracked by guilt for leaving her alone. I can't imagine living with myself if my child disappeared when I had left him unattended. And God only knows what the child is going through.

I hope to God that picture turns out to be her, and that she's found safe, soon.

22. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

It's not her according to UK and Spanish press who claim to have tracked the child down: linkety

23. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

24. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Perhaps they could have taken a photo of this girl to show that it isn't her:confused:

25. Queso macrumors G4

Wouldn't you be a little concerned about privacy if a picture of your child was posted across the world?