Is this morally wrong?

D0lphin2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Florida
Today is the last day I can probably get a refurbished Ipad 2 (419.00) and take advantage of their 6 month finance offer. (399+ purchases) When the prices drop Apple has a price protection within 10 days of shipment. I work nights and will sleep through the excitement of the launch and the possibility of the refurbs being possibily bought up. Is it wrong of me to order and then knowing call back for a credit? Will I got to hell?

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Today is the last day I can probably get a refurbished Ipad 2 (419.00) and take advantage of their 6 month finance offer. (399+ purchases) When the prices drop Apple has a price protection within 10 days of shipment. I work nights and will sleep through the excitement of the launch and the possibility of the refurbs being possibily bought up. Is it wrong of me to order and then knowing call back for a credit? Will I got to hell?
Can't tell if troll, or serious.

If you price match the new price of the refurb you'll lose your finance offer. Simple as that.

D0lphin2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Florida
Can't tell if troll, or serious.

If you price match the new price of the refurb you'll lose your finance offer. Simple as that.
No not a troll. I am serious. I appreciate both of your answers. I figured I could lose the finance offer. I will call them to clarify if I buy it straight out if there term "credit" means credit my credit card or "credit" my account. Maybe my itunes account?

Just to add some worthless info. I bought a HP Touchpad when it came out. It was killed a month later. I bought an Acer Iconia and did not like android. I never thought I would like an Iphone after years of Treos and Blackberrys. I love the Iphone and look forward to the Ipad. What consistutes an apple fan boy?

Last edited:

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Is it morally wrong to sell you an iPad 2 today knowing that the price will drop in a week or less? Is it morally wrong to sell you an iPad on credit, knowing that it means you don't have the money to actually buy it and that the credit will mean you'll pay quite a bit extra for a device you can't afford?

I'd say just buy it if you really need it, but check first that they'll refund if the price changes and it won't affect the credit deal. That way you've been upfront about it too.

D0lphin2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Florida
Is it morally wrong to sell you an iPad 2 today knowing that the price will drop in a week or less? Is it morally wrong to sell you an iPad on credit, knowing that it means you don't have the money to actually buy it and that the credit will mean you'll pay quite a bit extra for a device you can't afford?

I'd say just buy it if you really need it, but check first that they'll refund if the price changes and it won't affect the credit deal. That way you've been upfront about it too.
I just looked and the online store does not take paypal if I pay straight out like you mentioned. If I apply for the barclay's store card it accepts paypal as a payment. As the previous poster mentioned I probably would lose the financing. My goal was just to spread the paypal payments on the store card. If not I can just transfer the paypal funds back to my bank and then make a credit card payment that would include the purchase. Did I lose you on that ramble? I certainly agree with you about being upfront and honest.
Thanks!

Last edited:

D0lphin2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Florida
Sounds like you are already in hell! It is just an iPad!:mad:
Not that I am in hell, I have been through tablet hell. I should of just listened months ago. The HP Touchpad was a disaster. The Android drove me nuts. Ipad was where I should and will be going! :)

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Not that I am in hell, I have been through tablet hell. I should of just listened months ago. The HP Touchpad was a disaster. The Android drove me nuts. Ipad was where I should and will be going! :)
I have tried them all and the iPad works the best BUT until Apple takes the leash off of the iPad and allows it to be more like a portable computer, it will be more of an entertainment device that something that can really work for me.

Apple needs to give us a file system where I can download files from the office. MS needs to introduce a FULL Office Suite! These two things would make me look no further but Windows 8 tablets will bring way more than Apple will offer, even on the iPad 6!:p

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
No, go ahead and do it. No one will know (except maybe the thousands of people your have told)

andross77

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Hell is pretend.
When someone does not believe in Heaven or Hell, they don't mysteriously go POOF. Same thing with God. You can pretend those things don't exist though so you can live life on your terms instead of Someone else's and hope things work out in the end. Your choice.

D0lphin2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Florida
Why would anyone buy an iPad on credit?? If you can't afford it, save up for it. :rolleyes:
I keep saying I have the money in my paypal account but they don't accept paypal. It is in the budget. Just because my wife's boyfriend hit me with a crescent wrench doesn't mean I don't know how to save.

skedssays

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2011
If you have to consider it this much, there are probably more important things you need to spend the money on. Why are you leaving the money in your paypal account, it is not generating any interest.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
I keep saying I have the money in my paypal account but they don't accept paypal. It is in the budget.
I think the part where you needed the financing offer makes it kind of confusing. It suggests you were looking for the no-interest part of the deal, which implies an intent to not pay it off immediately. That's a frequent reason why people go for that deal.

Chris230291

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
HAHA. There's more chance of the tooth fairy being real than any heaven or hell lol

No it's not morally wrong. Your just playing the game with the hand you've been dealt. I hope it works out for you.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
When someone does not believe in Heaven or Hell, they don't mysteriously go POOF. Same thing with God. You can pretend those things don't exist though so you can live life on your terms instead of Someone else's and hope things work out in the end. Your choice.
When someone believes in heaven or hell, they don't mysteriously go POP-they-exist, same thing with god. You can pretend those things exist if you want so you can live life on terms made up by someone instead of using your head to decide what is right and wrong, either way if believing in 'god' and 'heaven' is the reason you and hundreds of millions others are not stealing and murdering then the religious 'system' works.

humans have evolved to be intelligent beings so because you over your life have weighed up the facts and come to a decision it is 'your choice' and I respect that.
it's the poor people who are told/manipulated what to believe while never being allowed to make their own minds up that are deprived of free thinking, and I feel sorry for.