Is this morally wrong?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by D0lphin2, Mar 6, 2012.

1. D0lphin2 macrumors newbie

D0lphin2

Today is the last day I can probably get a refurbished Ipad 2 (419.00) and take advantage of their 6 month finance offer. (399+ purchases) When the prices drop Apple has a price protection within 10 days of shipment. I work nights and will sleep through the excitement of the launch and the possibility of the refurbs being possibily bought up. Is it wrong of me to order and then knowing call back for a credit? Will I got to hell?

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Can't tell if troll, or serious.

If you price match the new price of the refurb you'll lose your finance offer. Simple as that.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I doubt that you will go to hell...But I think you may find they Apple have plugged that loop hole...:)

4. D0lphin2, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

D0lphin2 thread starter macrumors newbie

D0lphin2

No not a troll. I am serious. I appreciate both of your answers. I figured I could lose the finance offer. I will call them to clarify if I buy it straight out if there term "credit" means credit my credit card or "credit" my account. Maybe my itunes account?

Just to add some worthless info. I bought a HP Touchpad when it came out. It was killed a month later. I bought an Acer Iconia and did not like android. I never thought I would like an Iphone after years of Treos and Blackberrys. I love the Iphone and look forward to the Ipad. What consistutes an apple fan boy?

5. psonice macrumors 6502a

Is it morally wrong to sell you an iPad 2 today knowing that the price will drop in a week or less? Is it morally wrong to sell you an iPad on credit, knowing that it means you don't have the money to actually buy it and that the credit will mean you'll pay quite a bit extra for a device you can't afford?

I'd say just buy it if you really need it, but check first that they'll refund if the price changes and it won't affect the credit deal. That way you've been upfront about it too.

6. D0lphin2, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

D0lphin2 thread starter macrumors newbie

D0lphin2

I just looked and the online store does not take paypal if I pay straight out like you mentioned. If I apply for the barclay's store card it accepts paypal as a payment. As the previous poster mentioned I probably would lose the financing. My goal was just to spread the paypal payments on the store card. If not I can just transfer the paypal funds back to my bank and then make a credit card payment that would include the purchase. Did I lose you on that ramble? I certainly agree with you about being upfront and honest.
    Thanks!

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sounds like you are already in hell! It is just an iPad!:mad:

8. D0lphin2 thread starter macrumors newbie

D0lphin2

Not that I am in hell, I have been through tablet hell. I should of just listened months ago. The HP Touchpad was a disaster. The Android drove me nuts. Ipad was where I should and will be going! :)

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have tried them all and the iPad works the best BUT until Apple takes the leash off of the iPad and allows it to be more like a portable computer, it will be more of an entertainment device that something that can really work for me.

Apple needs to give us a file system where I can download files from the office. MS needs to introduce a FULL Office Suite! These two things would make me look no further but Windows 8 tablets will bring way more than Apple will offer, even on the iPad 6!:p

10. mac jones macrumors 68040

No, go ahead and do it. No one will know (except maybe the thousands of people your have told)

11. hismikeness macrumors regular

Hell is pretend.

12. andross77 macrumors regular

When someone does not believe in Heaven or Hell, they don't mysteriously go POOF. Same thing with God. You can pretend those things don't exist though so you can live life on your terms instead of Someone else's and hope things work out in the end. Your choice.

13. Dubthedankest macrumors regular

The answer is yes; yes you will go to Hell if you do that.

14. D0lphin2 thread starter macrumors newbie

D0lphin2

I ordered it and paid with a credit card and transfered my paypal funds to cover the purchase with no hassle, interest or going to hell. Thanks for the input!

15. Nychot macrumors 6502a

16. terzinator macrumors 6502

and unlimited donuts, I understand.

17. D0lphin2 thread starter macrumors newbie

D0lphin2

They actually throttle the donuts from my sources if you were an AT&T customer!

18. deeddawg macrumors 603

Yeah, those 2am 10's have a bad habit of becoming 2's at 10am... :eek:

That or *you're* their date-from-hell... :D

19. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    Why would anyone buy an iPad on credit?? If you can't afford it, save up for it. :rolleyes:

20. D0lphin2 thread starter macrumors newbie

D0lphin2

I keep saying I have the money in my paypal account but they don't accept paypal. It is in the budget. Just because my wife's boyfriend hit me with a crescent wrench doesn't mean I don't know how to save.

21. skedssays macrumors newbie

If you have to consider it this much, there are probably more important things you need to spend the money on. Why are you leaving the money in your paypal account, it is not generating any interest.

22. deeddawg macrumors 603

I think the part where you needed the financing offer makes it kind of confusing. It suggests you were looking for the no-interest part of the deal, which implies an intent to not pay it off immediately. That's a frequent reason why people go for that deal.

23. Chris230291 macrumors member

HAHA. There's more chance of the tooth fairy being real than any heaven or hell lol

No it's not morally wrong. Your just playing the game with the hand you've been dealt. I hope it works out for you.

24. androiphone macrumors 65816

When someone believes in heaven or hell, they don't mysteriously go POP-they-exist, same thing with god. You can pretend those things exist if you want so you can live life on terms made up by someone instead of using your head to decide what is right and wrong, either way if believing in 'god' and 'heaven' is the reason you and hundreds of millions others are not stealing and murdering then the religious 'system' works.

humans have evolved to be intelligent beings so because you over your life have weighed up the facts and come to a decision it is 'your choice' and I respect that.
    it's the poor people who are told/manipulated what to believe while never being allowed to make their own minds up that are deprived of free thinking, and I feel sorry for.

25. pettifogger06 macrumors member

I knew a guy who did this last year and he went to hell.