Is this more of a lady's bag?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Bakari45, May 22, 2011.

1. Bakari45 macrumors regular

I'm still looking for a perfect bag for my MBA 11". I want something a little stylish, with pockets and room for my iPad as well. I'm considering this Etsy bag, but am wondering if it's really designed more for females. Any guy on this forum using this bag? http://etsy.me/lJItUl

[​IMG]

2. aramosc macrumors regular

aramosc

It doesn't look bad.. It depends on the size.. if it's real small then it could be feminine

3. Rowf macrumors regular

4. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

5. aramosc macrumors regular

aramosc

I use a Tumi messenger bag lots of extra pockets and space for misc stuff.

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

If you have to ask.... Best to get something your certain a bloke would use ;)

7. Bakari45 thread starter macrumors regular

I think both of you are right. Size matters. It's described as "unique and small," so guess that should tell me something. It would make the perfect bag if not for the small size.

8. Bakari45 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, very nice bag, but i don't care for the color. Looking for a solid black.

9. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

The bag looks very nice it's like a modern manly messenger.

10. NurJahan macrumors member

11. Bakari45 thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe I better go with the Tom Bihn bag, though I don't like it as much as I used.

12. stroked Suspended

stroked

I would use it, but I'm the type that doesn't care what others think. It doesn't look feminine to me.

13. Bakari45 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Been doing a little more searching and discovered this Stash bag. Not quite as stylish, but it looks a little more masculine. Whata think?

[​IMG]

14. aramosc macrumors regular

aramosc

PassS.. if you are going that way you should get Tumi!

15. Bakari45 thread starter macrumors regular

I checked the Tumi site, but don't seem to have a bag for the 11" Air with multiple pockets. Do you have a specific link suggestion? Thanks

16. blipmusic macrumors regular

Pass for me as well. If that's "masculine", none of my bags are (and they don't look "feminine" at all). Maybe the ugly duckling of a backpack/messenger hybrid I use for my ageing mbp does. It doesn't have to have a sticker saying "in my spare time I fight Grizzlys", you know. ;)

The one in the OP looks great. I'd get that. Maybe if you happen to be very tall it could look "petite", though my everyday non-laptop bag is around that size (A4 paper size). If it's for practicality reasons I still wouldn't get the STM bag, I'd keep looking instead.

17. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I use this: Waterfield Hardcase. Perfect fit for the MBA. $229.
    And not feminine.....:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Bakari45 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm, a little pricey, but definitely stylish. Can it hold both the MBA and an iPad?

19. Bakari45 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, it's really hard when you can't get a hands-on view of the bags. Apple doesn't given a damn about carrying real bags in their stores.

I saw a video review of STM, though it looks practical, it's not as stylish as the original bag I posted. I'm going back and forth between the two. I'll be taking a trip next month and I would like to have one or other for carrying my devices.

20. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes. Definitely holds both a MBA and iPad.

21. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you can rock the bag buy it!

22. blipmusic, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011

blipmusic macrumors regular

If you find yourself in Japan take a look at Yoshida/Porter, they're pretty awesome. Tad pricey, though. Maybe they're available elsewhere?

I was just about to recommend Crumpler, just in case, but on the US site things don't bode well... This is what I can choose from, here in Sweden. Also, slightly on the pricey side for the more elaborate ones.

The Cobra-lineup from booq looks nice, though an MBA 11" search yields this.

Muzetto from WF bags looks ok (again, for a price...).

Here's a Porter/Monocle collaboration.

Since you mentioned STM (we don't have them over here so I can't really comment), this one has less "Grizzly bear" over it (or more, depending on your view).

This one from post #17 in this thread, perhaps?

Heh, as nice as the Etsy stores are, the search results can be a bit...overwhelming. 14 000+ messenger bags. Luckily, narrowing it down to men yields around 1500 (come on, we need bags too! :D).

EDIT: Speaking of Etsy: this one, perhaps?

EDIT 2: Kind of like the bag in the OP with a herringbone pattern (or grey herringbone). Available in brown as well. And grey!

23. Bakari45 thread starter macrumors regular

Mmm, thanks for all the wonderful recommendations and links. I especially like the other Etsy bag you posted. If I plan to throw down a hundred bucks on a bag that I might as well search far and wide and not just settle on the first few bags that pop up on Google. The bags you’ve recommend compete well with the Tom Binhn‘s, they happen to look more stylish. So yeah, I have more to consider.

24. StashBags macrumors newbie

Hey there:)

I heard my bags were discussed and wanted to post a reply. Out of curiosity I just went through my orders of MacBook Air messengers to see the ratio of men-women purchasing them. My guess would have been 50-50 but turn out that it's more like 75% men!

So all you manly men, you're safe with a Stash messenger!

Mari

25. Bakari45 thread starter macrumors regular

Mari, thanks for responding. If I decide to go with your bag, I'll be sure to take pic of myself using it. You really should do a video or add some user pics of a male or two using your bag. I was immediately attracted to the style of your bag, and am interested in doing an objective review of it.