Is this normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hoangluong, Feb 16, 2009.

1. hoangluong macrumors member

hoangluong

Hi,

When I switch my Mac to Sleep mode or shut it down, I see at the center of the black screen a small, blurred circle/round about 5-7 cm in diameter. Is this normal? Or there's sth wrong with the screen?

Thanks a lot.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Doesn't sound normal ... any way to get a picture of it?

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Picture can be useful, it doesn't matter if the blur is barely noticeable. But by reading this, I'd say something is wrong.

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

If I'm understanding correctly, are you sure you don't have a light behind your Mac?

If you put a light directly behind the Apple logo, it will light up the center of the screen.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

you're seeing light go through the Apple logo.

6. hoangluong thread starter macrumors member

hoangluong

thank you all for your time. As one of you said, it seems that it's probably due to the light through the logo. I placed the Mac on a desk with a glass window in front (a lot of light)...

I just bought it into a lecture hall, switched to Sleep mode, and I didn't see anything at the center of the screen.

The small circle that I described is quite blurred and I don't think I can capture it with a camera.

Thanks a lot.

7. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

Yup tahts light seeping from the outside world, through the nice white apple on the back of your laptop screen, if it was happening on an iMac it might be a problem, but this has happened to every apple laptop that has a tight up apple on the lid.