Is this real Software for MBP?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghsNick, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

2. simsaladimbamba

What I find problematic, is that two different sellers use the exact same text and formatting and how they could offer such low prices for real licenses.
    Maybe contact eBay and give them a hint, and if the auction disappears, you know for sure.

3. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

If you're gonna have pirated software, skip the middle man and download it yourself. ;)

4. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Yeah I realized they were the same. But the ratings were high for both.
    I don't mind a download...but I'm not trying to buy a pirated copy. I don't even want to DL a pirated copy. I just want a legal copy.

5. MJNBGA macrumors regular

If you want to have pirated software, don't pay for it! Download it yourself - for free! Nobody will know... :D
    But seriously, don't buy it. To me it looks like one big scam. I try not to let the crazily low eBay prices drag me into a scam. Maybe you should try it to. If you want to buy it from anywhere, download it from the Mac App Store. That's as cheap as you're going to get, legally. :(

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Microsoft Office for Mac is not available from Mac App Store. Amazon App Store has the family version for 119$ IIRC. There is no legal way to get it for cheaper price than Amazon and others are offering.

7. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Found what I need for $78

http://www.onlinedigitalitems.com/O...d-Student-2011-1-User-Retail/product/1EC41847

It's legit and legal. It's Electronic Download though.
    That shouldn't matter though right? Is having the CD that big of a deal?

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

As long as you have the serial and installer backed up, it shouldn't matter. Personally I always put installers into my external HD for future use, has been very useful so far.

9. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

You keep the Installer's?
    I guess that could be a very useful thing.
    What if I use a restore from Time Machine...will I need the code again or should it work fine.

10. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

11. simsaladimbamba

Yep, it is a very useful thing, especially with bigger installers. I copy all my purchased applications from CD or DVD to an external HDD (solely used for application installers), thus I can install them faster and don't wear down the CD or DVD.
    You can also look into cloning your system to an external HDD, as it is faster to restore from a clone than from a TM backup.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I always keep the installer - stuff happens and you may find yourself needing to reinstall it. Perhaps you forget where you bought it, or it was a timed download site or what ever. I bought it, I want to hold on to that install :)

13. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes. I sometimes need to do clean installs or other tweaks due to my work so having installers ready in my external will speed up the process a lot.

I think this depends on the software. Some may work without re-activation but others may ask for it. Still good to keep it safe somewhere.

14. MJNBGA macrumors regular

That's pretty pathetic. I don't care if they don't promote it or keep it hidden, but o not have it at all? Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

15. simsaladimbamba

You could give MS feedback about this, but in all fairness, MS has Office available for download on their own website and store.

16. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

Not true - some organizations participate in MS employee purchase program. I picked up office and Visio (Win7) for $10 each. Perfectly legitimate copies licensed through MS to me. It's a great deal if your company or organization participates.

17. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It's not Apple's fault. Microsoft has chosen not to support Mac App Store, most likely because Apple would take 30% of the sales revenue. You don't want to give money to your biggest rival.

18. JR1993 macrumors regular

19. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

The guy replied to me:

Hi,

I have Office for Mac 2011 – Home and Business Version for $35. This is an electronic download. There is no hard copy mailed to you.

The software is fully functional and a licensed working copy of the Home and Business Version of Office 2011 for Mac which includes Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook.

I have a great eBay selling history, so you can rest easy. Please check my feedback. After payment is confirmed, I will email you the download link and the key code. The download takes about 20-40 minutes (depending on internet speed). Once downloaded, just click on the downloaded file and install it.

Question and Answers:

Q: How many times can I install this software?
    A: Twice. This is a two installation packet. You can have two active installation installed. If you delete an installation, you can reinstall it again on another computer or the same computer.

Q: How do I install the software?
    A: The following video is very informative and will explain the installation step-by-step. It is very easy to install. (Link provided upon purchase)

Q: Do I get a physical DVD installation Disc?
    A: No, this is an electronic download only. There is no hard copy installation DVD mailed.

Q: Will I get a key code with the download?
    A: Yes, the key code is registered to your PayPal email and will auto install when you install the software. You do not have to type it in.

Q: What is you refund policy?
    A: Do not worry. I will refund your money if the software will not install and activate. I will refund your money if you decide you do not want an electronic copy. ( This will deactivate your product key.)

Q: Why is it so cheap?
    A: I do not have to mail you a physical copy. I pass the saving on to you.

Q: How do I know this really works? What guarantee do I have?
    A: Check my eBay feedback. It speaks for itself. eBay provides you with buyer protection, so you can rest easy. I am both a power seller and top rated seller in eBay because I service the customer. All sales are through eBay.

Q: I have an older version of Office on my Mac (2003 or 2007). What do I do?
    A: You can keep your older version or delete it. Office 2011 is treated as a separate application. There is no conflict.

Q: I have Mac for Office 2011 as a trial version. What do I do?
    A: Delete it prior to downloading my software. The software you download from my auction auto installs the key code.

Q: Do you provide a user's guide and installation instructions?
    A: Yes. Please use this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=6ca3d83a-bfb2-4cb4-a3bf-86c05ace6b06

Q: What is the difference between the Student Version and the Home and Business Version for Mac 2011?
    A: The Home and Business Version includes Outlook, the Student Version does not. My download is for the Home and Business Version

Q: What if I delete the application by mistake or upgrade my hard drive, will I lose the software forever?
    A: No. You can back up the download file on a DVD, external hard drive or flash drive and reinstall it. You can also email me your PayPal transaction ID or email ID and I will resend you the download link.

Q: I have an older Mac computer. Will Office for Mac 2011 work on it?
    A: Here are the minimum system requirements:

Office for Mac 2011 System Requirements:
    A Mac computer with an Intel processor
    Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later
    1 GB of RAM or more
    2.5 GB of available hard disk space
    HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
    1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor

And I replied:

I know you have a good seller rating. My question is, this same exact email is used for another seller selling the same product (Red Flag). You could be selling Pirated Software with the correct password, so users therefor think that if it works it's legit.

I guess my main question is, Is this a LEGAL code and not a pirated one?

And he replied back:

Yes it is Legal.. But you have choice to pay more..
    Thanks

20. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Too cheap to be legit IMO. It's easy to sell software with generated serial for that cheap. I would buy from the link you linked above to make sure what you get is legit.

21. old-wiz macrumors G3

Would you really trust a company that does not show a physical address or a telephone number for contact?

I wouldn't touch that company for any reason.

22. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Lol, I just read those positive reviews and I'm hooked lol.
    I mean, he would get in trouble not me ha. But yeah I should just wait.

And do you have Office 11?
    If you do does it work good. Read some bad reviews on Amazon. (But need it for school)

23. AdrianK macrumors 68020

That prompted me to check the site.

This is an image from one of their 'ISO burning tutorials':

Sounds legit!

24. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or what that image means.
    Is it legit?

25. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There is a free trial. Give it a go before buying.