Is this real? www.bidmaconline.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Roeltjah, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Roeltjah macrumors newbie

I just found this site www.bidmaconline.com, and since the prizes are wayyyy low, I was wondering if it were legit :-s Anyone got any idea?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

At those prices there is no way that it can be legitimate.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

With any sight like this, if you have to ask if it is for real or not it probably isn't.

4. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

I think it is legit, but since the company is located in China, prepare yourself to pay whatever (import) customs will apply in your country when you buy stuff from them. You should also add some shipping costs, and maybe they are more interested in selling you thousands of products instead of just one item. That's probably what they mean when they talk about "wholesale".

Also, since you will be buying the products in a foreign country, you probably won't get any free local service or warranty from Apple or its partners. However, if you buy AppleCare, you -should- be covered world wide -- after all, that's part of the AppleCare deal, isn't it?

5. gnasher729, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011

gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

The purported quotes from British customers have not been written by anyone who is British. Since the customer quotes are fake, I suggest that the whole site is a ripoff.

They claim that they are buying directly from Foxconn. Foxconn has no right to sell Apple hardware, so I can only assume that they are buying from some Foxconn employee who is stealing from Foxconn. Truck at the back of the company in the middle of the night. The products are in no way legally related to Apple. They are not Apple products. So I very much doubt that AppleCare will cover them in any way. It's the same as buying AppleCare for your Dell computer, Apple won't fix it even with AppleCare.

6. nick9191 macrumors 68040

What do our customers say?

"The purchase of the Apple iphone4 for my husband's. The iphone4 is very great than the 3gs. Simple to learn, simple to use. I got it today, it was amazing, new edition and low price for me."

"Hi Guys. I love apple and I think its a amazing brand. However for the money it brings it down a bit. Did you know that you could buy a beautiful macbook air for my business. For desktop however I think apple is a great choice for me. I love this shop."

Both apparently from the UK.

That is what I like to call Scam English, as opposed to British English or US English.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

8. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

Interesting Return Policy

Can we get some guarantees when purchase?

Our return policies are specific to the kind of product you ordered. You can return your item for a full refund within 30 days of purchase If you are not satisfied with your purchase, contact your customer service representative within 5 business days of the receipt of the product. Provided you return an item unopened in the original box, we will exchange it or offer you a refund based on your original method of payment.

So let me understand this- you can get a refund if you are unsatisfied, but only if the item is unopened in the original box? How can I tell if I'm satisfied without opening the box...

9. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Hahahaha I love these threads. I live by the adage "if it's too good to be true, it probably is".

10. old-wiz macrumors G3

Greed makes people believe stupid things and do even more stupid things. These sites show up frequently and are just variations on the same scam.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You should really edit that. No way this is legit.

12. waloshin, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011

waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

If it's a scam can't you just do a chargeback on your credit card?

Edit: More information on why it's a scam.

You can only pay by western union, or wire transfer.

[​IMG]

13. old-wiz macrumors G3

Any site that demands payment by western union or wire transfer is flat out a scam.