Is this the end for iTunes festival?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mentaluproar, Mar 8, 2014.

1. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Looking at iTunes festival, none of the featured artists really jump out at me, and only 1 week is showing up. I thought this seas supposed to be a month-long music festival with lots of talent on stage.

Is Cook just giving up on this?

2. priitv8 macrumors 68020

AFAIK, this one is the first iTunes Festival based in US, not in London.
    So, it's a new breed of the festival.

3. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

correct, this was based on the week-long SXSW festival.
    so, a week of shows.

this being the first iTunes Festival in the US...sounds promising to me.

4. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

I suppose it depends on your musical tastes. 4 of the bands were of interest to me at the SXSW iTunes Festival. I would have preferred to watch live but I wasn't staying up till 3am uk time so I watched the recordings when they were available on the Apple TV. It's a nice way to promote albums and it gives iTunes / iOS / Apple TV owners some excellent free content. I hope Apple continue to expand the iTunes festival content.

5. priitv8 macrumors 68020

I was also very happy with the impeccable quality of the audio & video recording.

6. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You must be really desperate trying to turn things into negatives for Apple.

If you didn't notice, or if you pretended not to notice: This is the very first iTunes Festival in the USA. Like the iTunes Festival in London, which started great and then went better and better every year (including daily TV reports), the US iTunes Festival started great and will get better and better every year.

7. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

Another thing to think about is most of the artists have a new album coming out or just released one. not all, some just happen to have some popular tunes. (maybe not your liking though)