Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Do u think we will be getting the highly anticipated announcement for a press event this coming week. I for one think so. Who's with me? I have never been so pumped for a weekend to, well, end! I can't take much more of this being in the dark ****!

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
Who knows. I'm guessing invites will go out on the 14th and the actual event will take place on the 21st or 30th.

Last edited:

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Why?
It makes good promotion/exposure/media sense to wait until the airwaves have cleared.

Whatever, it's just silly to say they're waiting for 9/11 to pass on 9/11 itself. Ofcourse they're going to wait after 9/11, they're not doing the press conference today :rolleyes: .

pl00z

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2011
The invites will be sent out this week. If not, they'll be heading into the end of the month, which seems like a long wait for apple.

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, i truly believe in the October 7th date and there is normally a two week window after the keynote before release and it's always a week early announcement before the keynote, so that aims at a Wednesday or Thursday invitation day, a 9/21 or 9/22 keynote, with a two week window until October 7th

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Is today, Sept 14th the day?

Could this possibly be the eve of the announcement we've all been waiting for? Tomorrow marks one of the two (the second being next wed) most widely agreed upon dates (in rumor land) for Apple to announce the fall press event. Do u think we are less then 24hrs away from FINALLY knowing something? Or will tomorrow come and go just like today did?:confused:

Last edited:

bumzo1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've been thinking recently that it is very possible that tomorrow invites would go out and the event would be next wednesday. My reasoning is that back to school incentives end on the 22nd and pretty much every year has been immediately followed by an announcement. It also fits in well for the projected oct 7th launch date, since Apple usually like 2-3 weeks between announcement and launch.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Exactly. We could see invites go out, but I wouldn't expect something highly anticipated being announced without invites sent out.

jkimbro0316

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
Central Florida
Could this possibly be the eve of the announcement we've all been waiting for? Tomorrow marks one of the two (the second being next wed) most widely agreed upon dates (in rumor land) for Apple to announce the fall press event. Do u think we are less then 24hrs away from FINALLY knowing something? Or will tomorrow come and go just like today did?:confused:

He only said he thought we might see invitations, not an actual announcement. Get off his back guys geez... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.