Is your iPad 2 home button flush with the glass?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mjmar, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I asked a similar question a few days ago, but got no responses. But can any owner of the iPad 2 tell me if their home button is flush with the glass. Mine feels like it's pushed in too much, and I don't notice the same problem on my iPhone 4 and 3GS. Im pretty OCD about that kinda stuff so it annoys me. Plus, I don't want the button to break over time because it was installed improperly.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

If it functions as intended, what's the problem?

Are you really going to exchange your iPad because of a perfectly working home button?

3. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Not trying to be harsh or smart@ss, really. But I think you need to address your OCD rather than your iPad. You're never going to get a "pristine" iPad if you are bothered by something that insignificant.

4. hoofbite macrumors member

I'm on my third iPad2 now.

The first one the home button was perfectly flush with the glass. The other two since then the home button is not flush with the glass. My iPad1 home button was also not flush with the glass (all of them being 'pushed in').

Does it matter? No, not at all! Does it work? Yes, as intended.

The home button being flush or not flush with the glass doesn't matter. It's of no concern to Apple and it shouldn't be to the buyer either.

5. dstar macrumors regular

The contact underneath the button is damaged. You have about 300 clicks remaining until it fails completely. :eek:

6. xraytech macrumors 68020

When I slide my nail across the Home Button on both my iPhone 4 and Ipad 2, yes I feel a step down. Is it something to worry about? No.

Do you have light bleed? I bet you do.

Seriously people, all this OCD stuff is wearing very very thin.

7. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

I am happy you posted this and the other comments are rude.
    My homebutton feels almost like it could cut my fingers and I noticed this right away (I had to exchange my first one for backlight bleeding and it did not do it like this one)
    I also worry that there may a chip come off it is glass isn't it ?
    Also not everyone feels things the same. Some may not mind this, others do.
    It is rude to make comments about this.

8. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Had my iPad 1 since a month after launch day, and my home button isn't flush with the glass either. I noticed it before, but I didn't care, because it worked fine. You guys exchanging your iPads for the tiniest little things are the reason people like me are still waiting for Apple to ship out their first iPad 2. Drives me crazy that some of you have had three our four already, exchanging them for silly things, when I stood in line AND ordered on launch day and STILL don't have one.

Enjoy your iPad, or return it and buy something else. Leave the rest of them for those of us who truly appreciate the product.

/rant

9. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

10. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

I had mine checked with a laser and it is exactly .0000000000001" above the glass.

11. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Mine is actually significantly below the glass. I don't think I'm too concerned about it though, as long as it doesn't stop working at some point heh...

12. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

I cant believe how many people bash the OP for being concerned that his device is not the way he likes it.

Personally, if I spend hundred of dollars on something, I expect it to be damn near perfect. I dont care what anyone says, I am going to be completely happy with my items and not settle.

13. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

you asuming WE GUYS exchanging for little stuff .........
    And well I guess I got lucky getting up at 4pm and ordering it and had it shipped with the first batch out. And well you did not have such luck. To bad :mad:

14. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

[​IMG]
    It is bugging me like crazy and it is about 2 millimeter

15. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's appalling.

I hope they left water down for the Seeing eye dog owned by the person who assembled your iPad.

16. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

Thank you I was worried I get those OCD comments
    I can feel it when I push the button drives me nuts

17. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

That looks fake to me lol

18. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

What you mean ? I took that with my iPhone am in a hotel right now but why would I fake it? And what photo should I take so you believe me ? You did not post a pic as I recall

19. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

I meant as in it's so bad that it looks fake, not that you faked it.

20. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

Oh sorry sometimes I misread am a foreigner in US lol Man looks like I take one mor journey to the Apple store when I get home from my trip

21. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

no you didn't misread . The way the OP worded it made it sound like that is what he meant to say

22. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

you didn't misread, he should have made it more clear. i think the op tried to "save" himself because it was not fake lol.

23. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

It's okay, I guess I was unclear. Anyway, good luck with getting a replacement!

24. bmat macrumors 6502

Mine is slightly above, but seems fine. Clicks and all. My iPhone 3G, when I had it, was more squishy than clicky, and that sort of bothered me. But this seems fine.