Is your iPad Pro 10.5 curved

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jcborden, Jun 14, 2017.

1. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

My 10.5 512 SG Wifi/LTE is flawless all the way around.
    If there's a noticeable issue, just take it to an Apple Store.

2. j2ee Suspended

j2ee

That sounds so imperfect that Apple fan should consider this is broken!

3. jyyz macrumors regular

Curve returned. New one straight as a razor. Mine was the wifi one, the bend was on the side, and seemed more pronounced on the camera bump side.

Happy I returned the curved one now. It's a lot of money to have something not 100% correct right out of the box.

4. j2ee Suspended

j2ee

I am surprised that basically the most expensive tablet is that kind of quality!

5. spiderman0616 macrumors 68040

spiderman0616

You were right to return it. There are some minor defects that I can overlook, but a bent chassis is not acceptable. That would have driven me nuts until I exchanged it.

6. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

There are some seriously OCD people here. Imagine the horror if Apple decided not to replace it after the genius put his unclean hands on your new iPad Pro :p

7. Fuzzball84 macrumors 6502

No redesign this year, I think the ipad pro will have curved edges next year!

8. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

No pictures of this so called bent iPad yet?

9. willmtaylor macrumors G4

willmtaylor

It sounds as if they've all been exchanged already.

10. j2ee Suspended

j2ee

It sounds like almost all new pro are bent anyway

11. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

Huh?!?!

12. willmtaylor macrumors G4

willmtaylor

No, it doesn't sound like that at all.

13. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

This is funny because I kept looking at my 9.7 Pro with one eye closed like "is this thing just a tiny bit curved??" And I eventually concluded I was just imagining it but I guess it IS a little bit curved if this is something found in most iPads.

14. epca12 macrumors regular

Good call, I think it should be done in any case where the product is faulty or not as described/expected in any way

15. alFR macrumors 68020

"A couple of people reporting a problem gets blown up into a problem with all iPads"-gate more like.

16. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

The circle is now complete.

17. nikchoi macrumors newbie

I just noticed the same on my 12.9 2nd Gen. I wonder if it was straight when new but the curve has been caused by leaning pressure when writing on it due to the camera bump...

18. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

No, people report this is common on past models as well.

19. Kal-037, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017

Kal-037 macrumors 68000

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    Notice the size and weight distribution and the fact the materials are both flexible... physics dictates that most every tablet made 8-9" and up will not all be perfect (especially since most are made with light non rigid plastic or metals.) Aluminum is a very light, flexible, and malleable metal, by being so it helps keep weight and pressure off components inside the iPad while being held or used. Despite what some may think so is the glass, it has to be so it doesn't crack by just using the touchscreen. If this was regular old traditional glass being used (at the thin-ness it is at... it would not even make it to an Apple Store without having shattered.) Not trying to scare anyone, and if if you want to return your iPad... do so, you may get one that is "perfect" but again physics may change that after just basic use. Remember all iPads are inspected, handled, and tested before being boxed up. All the materials used have a little "give" so you can use them without breaking them right away... Apple makes tries to make a product that works flawlessly yet still remains elegant to do so certain components and materials must be used that won't be "perfect." If it were super durable and rigid steel, the iPad would be a bit less elegant... but hey it'd be perfectly straight, but what about the rusting and corrosion that steel can often have happen? ;)

Just adding my post as a simple and friendly heads-up from a diagnosed OCD science geek... that science can often help explain these annoyances and problems we have with technology. ;)
    My first iPad Pro is exactly like the second... imperfect yet perfect as it doesn't have screen problems, sound issues, nor is it warped, it had a small glass imperfection that looked like a microscopic 1/3 cm long hair, but otherwise so far so good. *Knock on wood. ;)
    ***now if it had a serious warped frame I'd have an issue (slight bend is different.) The iPad was made and despite what everyone hopes for... there will always be one imperfection, or two, or three, or ten. But as long as you realize nothing in life can be absolutely 100% perfect you soon don't see these as issues, but instead, simply is how things are. :)

*The only tablets that will not face many issues are the cheap light weight non-powerful Nooks and Kindles.

Kallum.

20. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

Got my 10.5” last night at Best Buy, mine’s bent too brah’s! Also, lol that post ^

21. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

Pictures??!!

22. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

This is the best I could do. Like others were saying; it’s really subtle.

Attached Files:

23. spiderman0616 macrumors 68040

spiderman0616

I can see the bend, and would find that to be unacceptable. Should be returned ASAP.

24. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

Can you? Because I can’t really see the bend in that pic at all, lol. I think my Air 2 and my wife’s first gen 12.9 had a slight bend also.
    Edit: Maybe because my iPad is bent it makes the pic look straight, lol.