Is Your (PHYSICAL) iPhone X Screen Slick When Swiping?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Nov 5, 2017.

1. ghsNick, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017

ghsNick macrumors 68030

ghsNick

I was comparing my iPhone X to my wife’s iPhone 8 Plus and I wanted to ask everyone if they noticed any differences in slickness between their new phone and old phone screen?

I feel like my wife’s iPhone 8 Plus screen is a little more “slick” when sliding my fingers across between Apps and scrolling.

The X feels still feels pretty good, but it also feels like my fingers sometimes get a little dry when swiping and it isn’t as “slick” as the 8 Plus.

I did have a Belkin Invisiglass protector on for two days and just removed it because Apple needs to install it again due to a bubble not going away...but I’m wondering if the X screen isn’t as slick or if the Belkin Invisiglass caused it.

Thanks!

EDIT - To confirm, I’m talking about the physical screen feel. Not the software.

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I have Belkin Invisiglass on mine and have no problems with it. It's buttery smooth.

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68030

ghsNick

I know...maybe it’s more slick than the standard screen because I took mine off and it doesn’t feel as good as the Belkin lol.

4. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

5. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68030

ghsNick

Pics? What’s the coverage look like?

6. PBz macrumors 68000

PBz

7. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

what do you mean coverage? you mean the size of the protector?

8. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68030

ghsNick

Take a picture of it on the phone. Does it extend past the screen a little bit for full coverage?

9. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

The zagg is very similar to the belkin, neither are full coverage but the belkin is just a bit better then the zagg.

10. ProphetX macrumors 6502

At first i setup my X as a new phone. Played with for awhile, buttery smooth. Then i restore from a backup. Although its still smooth. Its not as smooth.

How did you setup your phone?

11. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

hold up. let me use my old phone to take a pic.

12. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68030

ghsNick

Sorry, I mean the PHYSICAL portion of the screen...not the software.

There’s no way that using the Belkin Invisiglass for two days then removing it (very easily) could damage the coating on the screen, right?

It’s either in my head or the Belkin Invisiglass was a little more “slick” making the standard screen seem a bit more “sticky” if that makes sense.

13. ProphetX macrumors 6502

Actually i take back what i said in my earlier post. My X is booty smooth with a spigen temper glass screen protector.

14. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

pic. zagg.JPG

15. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68030

ghsNick

Pretty solid. I think it was all in my head.

I do think the Belkin Invisiglass is more “slick” to the touch when scrolling which makes the stand screen seem a bit more “sticky”...but I’ve been using the standard screen for a couple hours now and it feels a lot better.

16. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

I haven't tried belkin, but this thing been smooth sailing so far.

17. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Typically right after you remove any screen protector, it seems like it's sticky because of static but it clears away eventually. I've experience this whenI removed a screen protector on my 8 Plus and after a while it was normal.

18. adam1080 macrumors regular

adam1080

Actually... YES!!

I keep feeling like there is something stuck on my screen and catching my finger... the screen is perfectly smooth with no debris, but feels dry or not as slick as it should...

It has been annoying me every 5 minutes of use since I got it actually... I thought it was just in my head or that something was wrong with my fingers.

Not sure what to do. I hate screen protectors.

19. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I used mine for a day before getting my Belkin InvisiGlass put on. I’ve used it for a day since the protector was put on. No noticeable difference.

For reference, I’ve had iPhones for the last 7.5 years and haven’t used a screen protector until yesterday. So I am only used to the bare screens.

20. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68030

ghsNick

Haha - seriously? So you’re using your X without a screen protector?

Maybe it’s not all in my head after all...
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2017 ---
    How long did it take?

21. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

The thread is about the screen naked, not screen protectors... Oh, and that phone pictured above....eugh! lol

22. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

I notice that with use, the oils from my hands tend to make touchscreens slicker after a day or two. Yes, I wash my hands. It’s just the normal oils we have that leave fingerprints behind.

I’m assuming she’s been using her phone since before you got yours...

23. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68030

ghsNick

BINGO!
    Yes, she’s been using hers for a month.

I guess my main question is there’s no way the Belkin Tempered Glass (which really isn’t sticky on the other side) could damage the standard iPhone screen if removed, right?

24. cstm macrumors regular

I've had this same exact thought. There seem to be some issues with the touchscreen on multiple phones. Not sure if software or hardware.

25. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

I cleaned my iPhone 6 screen with a cleaner for computer monitors once. Afterwards, I thought I had ruined the coating of my phone’s screen because it felt less smooth. That went away after a day or so. I suspect it’s something similar with the removal of the screen protector leaving you with a screen that is almost too clean..