iSight in new 27" iMac - HOLY *****!

Apple!Fre@k

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Just opened Photo Booth to see if the quality of the iSight camera was improved and all I have to say is "HOLY MOTHER ***** SOCKS!" The new camera is at least three or four times better. I was expecting the same blurry image I had with my last 24" iMac, but this thing is crystal clear. Bearing, I'm looking at a small size window on my screen, but it's super clear taking up 1/4 of the screen. I LOVE IT! Finally, I can have quality iChat conversations! :)

Anyone else notice this awesome improvement Apple sneaked in?

gwhitta

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2009
Just opened Photo Booth to see if the quality of the iSight camera was improved and all I have to say is "HOLY MOTHER ***** SOCKS!" The new camera is at least three or four times better. I was expecting the same blurry image I had with my last 24" iMac, but this thing is crystal clear. Bearing, I'm looking at a small size window on my screen, but it's super clear taking up 1/4 of the screen. I LOVE IT! Finally, I can have quality iChat conversations! :)

Anyone else notice this awesome improvement Apple sneaked in?
Yes, I Skype with family members quite frequently and right after I switched over from my old MacBook Pro to the new i7 they instantly remarked "wow, your picture looks so much better!" Definitely a big improvement.

sfmountainbiker

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2009
Nice to look at on your end, but also nice on the other end. Using skype person on the other end exclamed "it looks crystal clear!"

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I agree. When I iChat with family members in other cities they also commented how the PQ is better. One thing for sure is that the camera performs very well in low light.

sanjuvarma

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2009
Yes, I Skype with family members quite frequently and right after I switched over from my old MacBook Pro to the new i7 they instantly remarked "wow, your picture looks so much better!" Definitely a big improvement.
Is this true for all iMac 27s?

zerohp

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2008
I think you guys are seeing a placebo effect. I didn't notice it being any better than my early 08 MacBook Pro.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Is it any better than the original Firewire iSights?
The built-in iSights are much better than the firewire iSights. That's not saying much though. :p

I'm going to echo the sentiment that this is a completely useless thread without some photos.

I'd also be interested to know if this is indeed just a placebo effect. What is the resolution of the perceived new and improved photos?

Jiten

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
I recall this Soilderknowsbest guy in youtube did half of his 27 inch i7 iMac review using his isight I believe.