iSkin for iPhone 4 is here!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Serious Jak, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Serious Jak macrumors newbie

Right now, it's Thursday where I live and iSkin is releasing the Revo 4 and the Solo cases for the iPhone 4 today. Here's the sneak peak.
    http://blog.myiskin.com/sneak-peek-revo4-and-solo-iphone-4-0
    This is just their starting colors for their cases. They said that they plan to release more colors. I'm going to get the all black Revo4 and then I'll probably sell it when the Red and Black Revo4 comes out. Is anyone planning on getting a case?

2. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Mmmm it's Thursday where I am and they're not on sale yet. Maybe it's too early. This is the case I've been waiting for. Finally. Too bad blue isn't out. Dang.

3. weezite macrumors regular

Ugh, love iSkin but I'm really disappointed their Solo case isn't available in white. I guess I'll just wait for the White Incase Slider and pick up the white solo whenever it comes out. I wonder why all of these case companies are taking so long to release white cases.

4. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Funny, I JUST checked them out last night. I hope theses cases are as good as the ones for the 3G/S

No prices yet? I didn't see any. It's not listed as 'available yet'

5. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Nice to see a case with a front cover for a change!

6. Ars Diaboli macrumors member

does the clip come with it?

Does anyone know if the clip comes with it?

7. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

It's what iskin is known for. Had it on my 3G and loved it. Some people get annoyed with taking it off and putting it on.

8. rk1228 macrumors member

Does anyone know how the "Visor" on the revo4 works? Is it a cover you remove to use the phone, or does it stay on all the time, like a film screen protector?

9. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Yea,it has to be removed to use the iPhone. If it's like the 3G one, it's s strong plastic. And you should be able to clip or attach it to the back of the phone. This is from prior experience.

10. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Finally on sale, but limited ( and weird) colors.

11. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, agreed. Two tone? Gross. I was hoping for an all-black one like they usually have!

12. ndtechie05 macrumors member

Revo is $40 while the Solo is on sale for 14.99 when you enter your e-mail address...they will send you a code that is good until August 30...

13. number9 macrumors 6502

Available now to order

You can order the iSkin Solo for iPhone 4 now, ships August 13.

Also, when you go to the order page, you can enter an email address to get a coupon code that allows you to purchase it for $14.99 (regularly $29.99) through August 31. You can buy up to three skins with one coupon code.

I like the black one. I wish the clear one was actually clear, not frosted, but I understand they need a texture or pattern to avoid watermarking.

14. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I gotta be honest, both of those cases just look really unappealing. If I were going to pay $40 for a case I'd rather go with the Incase Slider. And there doesn't seem to be anything that stands out about the Solo making me want to pay even just $15 for it.

15. number9 macrumors 6502

I thought the Revos have always been two tone? And there is a black one.

If you're talking about the Solo, they aren't two tone.

16. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I want a clear, but I'm afraid it'll eventually stain like the SwitchEasy Vulcan.

17. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I don't think I've ever seen this before but one of their selling points for the Solo is that it will always smell great lol. I haven't ever seen anybody out in public sniffing their phones but I guess it works...

18. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Just plain disappointing color choices, period. AWFUL - pink, purple, and light blue? Is their assumption that their customer base is female and "girly girl" at that? I wrote and complained - and I hope others do the same. Not buying sends only the message that no one wants the case. Telling them why you don't want the case helps a lot more. Maybe they'll get the point and put out some GOOD colors.

19. Serious Jak thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah... I ordered the Black and Brown Revo4. They said that the brown is a very dark brown so it's basically black. I was so mad when they showed the red and black revo4 on their coming soon page and they didn't sell it. But, iSkin states that these are the starting cases and they will release more colors in time. I can't wait!!

20. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Relax, they said they will have more colors later on. The Solo is a great deal at $15.

21. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Aren't we impatient? I'm completely kidding cause I'm dying for the red or blue one. The others are not appealing. Now, can I wait another month or so for the better colors or just rock the pink? Mmmmm

22. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

I purchased the quartz solo (clear/frosted) and whilst I know about the problems previously with discolouration I will give it a try. I am currently using a purchased Griffin motif which is a smoky clear and am pretty happy with it.

I will give feedback as to how the quartz holds up :)

23. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

sweet, thnx man. Just placed my order for a black solo with coupon code.

Had the iSkin Solo on my 3GS and loved it, hopefully the new ones don't dissapoint.

24. Serious Jak thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I like the revo4 offers a lot of protection with its looks. I like the design for the iPhone 4. The revo visor should fit better on the back of the phone due to the edges. Mine should be here in a week.

25. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

I think iSkin makes some good cases. Had the Revo for my 3G and it was great. The only issue with the case is that the rubber creates a lot of friction in your pocket when you try to pull it out.