iSkin FUZE - Opinions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by egk69, Jul 11, 2009.

1. egk69 macrumors 6502

Hi, i want to know your reviews, opinions or anything about the iskin fuze for the iPhone 3G!

I saw it and i think i like it, but want to know your opinions 1st...

[​IMG]

THANKS

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

It's a couple of pages buried, but yes iSkin's Fuze has been discussed before here, found it through search ;)

3. talkin73 macrumors newbie

Used mine (black) for six months... great build quality and did not have the same experience as the original poster of the thread referenced in post #2 of this thread EXCEPT that the bottom left small connector piece of the front face of the case just broke the other day. They are exchanging under warranty. Did not like the screen cover, so took it off and used the front screen part of a FullBodyFilm instead which I found to be much more responsive and not impede touch screen use. The case is very well made and I did not find it easy to get off the iPhone (again an issue from the referenced thread above) if you know the proper method. Over time I found that having to press firmly on all buttons to get them to work (because of the rubber overlays) has grown tiresome. If you want protection, this case is great! If you want easy and convenient use of buttons without having to ALWAYS push hard on them (power, home, volume) then you may get annoyed with this case. The built-in dock cover is really nice for safety and keeping soil out. It does prevent this case from sitting on dock/cradle of many accessories, however. Last issue is that the 90 degree square edge of the front face of the case where it surrounds the screen acts as a tiny little wall preventing access to the screen edges unless you have demure fingers... and even then it might be an issue. Had they beveled it out at 45 degrees it probably wouldn't have been an issue. Once you use the case you'll see what I mean and this IS mentioned in the referenced thread above. In general, the thread above was what I used to decide on purchasing and went for it. Great case, very nice looking, very protective, all sensors, microphones, speakers work well. Downsides are hard to push through rubber button covers (the flip side of the protection), does add some bulk, built-in screen protector did not work well for me, and some limitation accessing the edges of the touch screen. Hope this helps.