Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nachos4twoo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Apparently before the fuze gets a 3g facelift, iskin has come out with a new case called the solo bodyguard. I am unable to get a description of the products materials and such, though one image at least is on the iskin.com site and has a price of 30.00

asuandy

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like it's the same material as the Shades case, sort of a flexible plastic.

iSkin posted this pic.

fit_1.png

Edit: I just ordered one in Angel (opaque white) :cool:

acgeorge

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2008
What's the word on these guys? I have a generic rubber skin now and it works great for protection but i cant STAND the way the rubber prevents it from being pulled out of my pocket easily....too tacky for my liking...

asuandy

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
What's the word on these guys? I have a generic rubber skin now and it works great for protection but i cant STAND the way the rubber prevents it from being pulled out of my pocket easily....too tacky for my liking...

Mine is shipping today I believe and once I get it, I will post a review and some pics.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
Any reviews or pics yet

I've followed this a bit. It's not silicon and its ultra thin and form fitting. It sound like the perfect skin type coverage.

If anyone has it yet, please post a review and pics. :)

Wiggidy

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2008
I've followed this a bit. It's not silicon and its ultra thin and form fitting. It sound like the perfect skin type coverage.

If anyone has it yet, please post a review and pics. :)

I don't think anyone has actually received on yet. Mine left their warehouse on 9/6. It's from Ontario, Canada and I live in Indiana so hopefully it won't take to long, maybe it'll even be here tomorrow. As soon as I get it I'll take plenty of pics and write out my first impression :)

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
Oh, I like...

I wish the white and black were translucent like the red and blue...I would love to see the apple logo through it. :rolleyes:

That's the only complaint that I can think of.
They are beautiful.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
No, but the more I look at it...I'm wondering what the red would look like on a white phone.

They used a black iphone in all their corporate images.

Random thought:
They remind me of jelly shoes. :D

Wiggidy

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2008
My case came! Of course, I had to rush off to work so you'll have to wait until I get off tonight for pictures :D...So far it feels good. It feels and bends like silicon and fits very snug, also it does stick in my pocket a little more than I'd like. More when I get home!

neesh0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
My friend got this 2 days ago, he got it really fast because we live in toronto. It is decent, the plastic is durable and all, but I prefer the iskin revo because of the screen protector.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
...but if you've already invested in a screen protector, like I did the day I bought the sucker...this could be a great thing. :D

nachos4twoo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
received mine yesterday, pretty impressed with it. First impression was that the material was tacky and lint and stuff would attract like crazy, though I have not had that issue. In my pocket for hours and seems to keep clean of lint. Not sure which I like better this or the revo even though they are two totally diff cases. FYI: i also bought the capsuleneo and am returning it. Over all a decent case just not practical for people who clean there phone every few days out of a case. Ill post pics of the solo after work today. I got the black one

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Does it come with the mount to watch movies in landscape mode on a table or is that sold seperately?

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
I emailed the company...

Here's what I said...
"I would love to order one of these (iskin solo),
because it looks like one of the nicer body protection covers out there.

I noticed the white and black are opaque...
Is there any possibility of coming out with a translucent white one?

I have the white iphone, and have noticed that other's with white iphones
don't want to hide the fact that it's white (but still want the protection)

Thanks for any information."

I wasn't expecting a response...but I got one. :D

Here's what they said...

"Thank you for contacting iSkin. At this time, we do not have plans to expand
the Solo options, however your suggestion has been forwarded to the creative
team for consideration.

For further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our office
hours are 9AM-5PM EST Monday-Friday excluding holidays. Be sure to include
all previous correspondence with your reply. For warranty information,
please visit us at http://www.iSkin.com/warranty. On behalf of iSkin, we apologize
for any inconvenience and hope to serve you again in the near future."

Not that it's actually going to happen, but I would buy a translucent white one.
Wouldn't you?

Wiggidy

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2008
Alright well my digital camera went kaput so I'm going to borrow one and I'll post pics here shortly. So far the case is great, the port, ring/vibrate switch, camera, and headphone ports are all perfectly placed. It does fit like a glove, however the piece that covers in between the speakers/mic/port on the bottom and the front of the iPhone is a little flimsy. The case is a little tacky which annoyed me at first but I like the thought that it will prevent my phone from slipping out of my pocket when I stand up, plus it keeps the phone from sliding around if you set it in your cupholder while driving. However lint does stick to it pretty bad. I really like the way it feels in my hand, it's quite comfortable (note: the mount is sold separately). The volume rocker is covered but works perfectly. The sleep/wake switch is also covered and it feels strange, I can't actually feel the switch move when I push it, it's very mushy which is a little annoying. The case is indeed very low profile and adds minimal bulk (which is why I bought it in the first place). The "non-adhesive" screen cover it comes with is essentially a post it note, but it does work like they say. Sticks to the screen 100% but when you're ready to pull it off it doesn't leave anything behind and then sticks right back on. That's about it, really. Ask any questions you like, I'm off work the next 3 days so I can answer them quickly :D. I'll post pictures very soon.

Wiggidy

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2008
Ok well no luck on the camera, I'll have to try again. Here's some pics of just the case taken with that one phone that the fruit people make.

johnny mercury

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2004
Miami beach, Florida
Help!

...Ask any questions you like, I'm off work the next 3 days so I can answer them quickly :D...

Wiggidy would you say that you can recommend this cover, over say the Revo2? I just got a 3G and my last phone (a 1st gen iPhone) had an Agent18 ClearShield for iPhone 3G that I wasn't all that happy with since it allowed dirt in and scratched the iPhone by just being put on. I should have probably gotten the Agent 18 Eco iPhone Shield which is similar to the Solo but maybe, shutter to think, possibly better than the Solo but it's only for 1st gens.

So in the end I am looking for a case that won't scratch my phone just being put on, not make the phone bulky and looks good doing it.

So you see how I am debating here.? It's between these two.

1. iSkin's Solo
2. iSkin's Revo2

What would you or anyone else here think overall. Need help here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.