Isn't it amazing?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CosmoPilot, Mar 4, 2011.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Less than a year ago, there was no iPad. Now, many complain the iPad 2 is not good enough...amazing!

From bad screen rez to the poor cameras, Apple is just screwing us...

I've been reading several threads today, and I'm left scratching my head wondering where these people come from?

2. perplex macrumors regular

these are the people who complain about water spots on their forks at ihop

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not surprising. Head on over to the MBP forum and you'll see the same thing.

It doesn't matter what apple does with any of their products. There will always be people who either had unrealistic expectations or wanted apple to implement a certain feature.

I was expecting an incremental update this go around and we got a little more then that. up to yesterday I still qualified the iPad2 as incremental but its a bit more since they redesigned the case, added a dual core processor and gave the GPU some love.

I don't think there's a big enough change in the specs to justify selling my iPad for a 2 but for others, it does.

4. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I guess my point is Apple created the tablet market. Sure, others tried it before Apple, but it was the iPads success that started the "copy cat" revolution.

Now everyone is bashing Apple instead of realizing their iPad is still an "innovative" product and a long cry away from maturity. I guess people expect MBP performance. I'm sure it could be built at a price tag around $3,000+ Of course then they'd complain about the price.

5. SkarrStrom macrumors newbie

There will always be haters hence why companies like apple have target markets and stuff like that. Truth is you can't please everyone, so just please well those you can.

Although I agree, for the most part, the new changes to the ipad 2 aren't really revolutionary. I appreciate the design change and the spec bump (but we'll have to see just how big of a difference that extra core is in rl use). I sincerely wish it came with 1 gb of ram but I can live with 512 mb. It should definitely be enough to cater to my needs (tbh an ipad 1 would probably have done awesome as well).

6. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I'm totally not buying the iPad till it is quad core, 1.5Ghz, 2GB RAM, retina display, 16 hour battery life, 8mp back camera that can record 1080p HD, double the storage and starts at $399. Oh and weighs only 1 pound.

/s
    :rolleyes:

7. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

I stated in the iPad 2 press conference thread that it wasn't compelling enough for me to upgrade from iPad 1 - but that does not mean I don't think the new one is impressive.

I think it is a great evolution of a great product, but if you already have one its not worth it to upgrade. Sure I could have sold mine a week or two ago and then picked up a new one for around $150 but to me its just not worth the hassle for a spec bump and some cameras.

Its nice that its thinner, its great that it has dual core although I really don't see how that is going to improve things until the software takes advantage, and while the camera's are nice I still don't have many people to facetime with on my iphone so I can hold off on purchasing another device that uses that system.

For someone who doesnt have an iPad - this is a great upgrade. It puts it ahead of other tablets on the market, makes some improvements on an already great product etc. In the future I am sure there will be upgrades that I find compelling, I just dont feel the need right now.

I think this is what a lot of people are saying/feeling and the typical response is that we have unrealistic expectations which I think is a little overboard.

8. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Exactly what I was thinking. The upgrade was actually more than I expected, and I think the new iPad looks great.

9. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I think it's clear that some people (the more technically inclined especially) still bring the specs oriented mindset to their evaluation of things like the iPad. Slowly but surely over time everyone will grasp the reality that user experience trumps a spec checklist every single time.

As an iPad power user (see my signature) I really do tax the iPad so for me the ipad2 is a compelling upgrade. Frankly the horsepower improvements alone are enough for me to pull the trigger. The thinner, lighter form factor, cameras, and gyroscope are just gravy :)

10. foiden macrumors 6502a

Less than a year ago, before the iPad launched; there were many a people (even quoted here) that felt that the tablet would be a flop. It wouldn't take off at all. That it doesn't have the features people want because it was an iOS product not a true MacOSX product. That Apple lost their touch with the world and wouldn't be able to market it.

So I can't exactly say times changed that much. It's the same old negative speculation on new product phase.

11. advan031 macrumors 6502

12. 2 Owls macrumors regular

I had a look around the net less than 24hours after the announcement and it was covered in anti-mac haters slating the iPad 2 for not being able to do this or that.
    They're a small vocal group of losers that think they know better than anyone else, clearly as they specced the damned thing up with thunderbolt/usb/card readers and retina displays before launch then slate it for not having them.

Apple didn't make the iPad 2 to make all iPad owners upgrade, they just made an upgrade to the iPad that they sell.

One thing it does have is the ability to induce troll rage. :D