Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyt3

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2016
Western MA
It does indeed work on unsupported machines, Mike -- such as mine -- and on the machine of many others who have used it here. I was just curious regarding why andyt3 said he couldn't install Sierra on his iMac.

When trying to download, I get an error message saying This version of macOS 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer.

RumorzGuy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
Guam, Mariana Islands, U.S.A.
When trying to download, I get an error message saying This version of macOS 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer.

And you are using dosdude1's patch tool?

What year and model is your machine? I assumed you have an early 2009 iMac like I do.

As you know, you will get that error message if you do not use dosdude1's patch tool.

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
I don't understand why the installer version of the public macOS 10.12 seeded today is still the same as for the last GM(beta) I downloaded, being 12.0.49! :rolleyes:

ScreenCap%202016-09-20%20at%2021.14.32.jpg

Cheers

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
It does indeed work on unsupported machines, Mike -- such as mine -- and on the machine of many others who have used it here. I was just curious regarding why andyt3 said he couldn't install Sierra on his iMac.

I'm not sure, I wanted to reply to him, but I could not find his post, only your response to his post.

buckyballs

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006
Does London do that silly "daylight savings time?" I thought that was just the silly Americans. (I am an American, that does not like it. I think we should just pick a time and stick with it, but here in California we set it up in the spring, and back in the fall.
I did not realize that London wasn't on GMT.
Yeah we do something similar, but usually a week or two staggered from the US. I work for a company based in CA, and when we're in between the US changing their clocks and UK changing their clocks, we have fun trying to organise meetings...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.