Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphoneCraze1080

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2008
Whoa...where did this one disappear too? I keep checking the App Store daily and no iStat for iPhone. Has anyone heard anything?

Been waiting for a while...but there is nothing Bjango can do...cause they submitted to apple on 14th Jan..The wonderful Apps fate is in Apple's hands.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Whoa...where did this one disappear too? I keep checking the App Store daily and no iStat for iPhone. Has anyone heard anything?

I hear you. I think I check the app store like every hour looking for this. It'll be here soon. Just not soon enough evidently.

BigTRQ

macrumors regular
May 30, 2007
I hear you. I think I check the app store like every hour looking for this. It'll be here soon. Just not soon enough evidently.
So it's not just me checking constantly for iStat for iPhone. I am following Bjango on Twitter, so I figure they'll put it out as fast as they can that the app is out.

velorapide

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

It's available.

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
Just bought it, very slick app. Frankly, the "free memory" ability alone would make it worth it to me; I don't really have much need for remote access to my Mac's stats, but I can see how that would be great as well if I needed it.

As others have mentioned, being able to view detailed battery information would be a nice bonus.

-Zadillo

Highland

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2003
Australia
Thanks everyone. It's so good to see this kind of support after the work that's gone info iStat.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

It's available.
Sure is! We're very happy to see it finally on the store.

As others have mentioned, being able to view detailed battery information would be a nice bonus.
Now we have version 1.0 released, we can start to look at things like that. :)

werkedm3

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2007
Great app, but it won't show my time capsule disk on the HD section. Is it a problem with me? I know the iStat dashboard program works fine with it.

BigTRQ

macrumors regular
May 30, 2007
Anyone want to help me figure out setting up static IPs and port mapping, so I can do the remote monitoring? The help page at Bjango gives a link to Portforward.com, but the info there is older than my set-up. I'm running Leopard, and an AEBS-n.

Thanks!

tosui

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
Awesome app - Awesome price!

Considering that I've been using the free istat widget & istat menus, giving a measly $2 for having this info in my hand at all times was such a no-brainer that I shouldn't even be spelling this correctly!

My only suggestions - and they're cosmetic, really - are to 1) be able to change the name of the device from "my ipod" to either the device name or something I choose, 2) to rearrange the order of the sections (as some are more important to me than others), and 3) have an icon of the device for Touch/iPhones instead of a generic disc icon.

So, in conclusion, this app rocks! (And freeing memory took about 3 seconds for me.)

Habakuk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Vienna Austria Europe
So, in conclusion, this app rocks! (And freeing memory took about 3 seconds for me.)

What I wrote before was a first try directly after installing iStat - System Monitoring. Thanks for the heads-up, I dared a second try. In the meantime there were some bootings of the iPhone 16GB.

The first screenshot I made directly after launching and quitting the memory consuming game "SimCity". The second screenshot shows the results after iStat's "Free Memory".

Attachments

• iP_istat_before-memoryfree.png
    iP_istat_before-memoryfree.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 246
  • iP_istat_after-memoryfree.png
    iP_istat_after-memoryfree.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 260

tosui

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
I dared a second try.

Glad that it's working (mostly?). My numbers were even better - 17MB free before, and 44 MB free after! (I had been running many apps since my last reboot: Slotz, Edge, Zenbe, Spawn Illuminati, etc.)

Highland

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2003
Australia
iStat for iPhone 1.1 released!

Here's what's new:
- Removed Free Memory function (here’s why).
- Added battery stats for iPhone/iPod touch.
- Added processes list for iPhone/iPod touch.
- Added the ability to sort the server list by name or auto.
- Added the ability to disable Screen lock.
- The email ID/Mac/both buttons now copy to the clipboard instead.
- Updated icon.
- Bug fixes.

Battery stats are the biggest new feature. We're now as good as any of the battery apps on the store.

iStat, an iPhone app by Bjango

iphone.png

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Sorry.

It's not our fault though—we were told we must submit an update with Free Memory removed or iStat would be taken off the App Store.

More info about it here

My God, Apple makes no sense. Why did they allow the apps with the free memory function in them to start with then require them to be removed?

You have produced another excellent update and I hope you continue to do so in the future and I hope Apple keeps their nose out of things in the future, it's our phones, we paid for them.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
If I ask Apple for a refund, will they take back $1.40 that you earned from my purchase or will they just credit me $1.99 out of their pocket?

Because honestly, freeing memory was the primary reason I bought this app. I am disgusted with the ridiculous rules they are instituting for the app store.

Highland

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2003
Australia
If I ask Apple for a refund, will they take back $1.40 that you earned from my purchase or will they just credit me $1.99 out of their pocket?

Because honestly, freeing memory was the primary reason I bought this app. I am disgusted with the ridiculous rules they are instituting for the app store.

If you get a refund (I'm not 100% sure on the rules), then I believe Apple will take the full refund from the developer + their 30% commission.

So doing that will only hurt us.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
I think I'll ask for a refund and then just donate on your website. At least that way Apple isn't getting my $0.60 to cripple your app.

Look for a few bucks to come your way via PayPal.

Update: Apple will not issue a refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.