"It just works" LMAO

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DrFillster, Aug 27, 2008.

1. DrFillster macrumors member

First of all - I love my iphone 3g. It has many wonderful qualities.

BUT.....
    All this nonsense about going to Apple to increase productivity is NONSENSE.

I spend infinitely more time trying to get this phone to actually work than I do with the much-aligned VISTA.

Either I (and everyone I know who has an iphone) have been really unlucky or: there are more bugs and issues with this phone than any in the history of cellular phones.

1. Currently waiting 30 minutes to sync my phone
    2. Dropped 3G calls
    3. "Unable to download applications" from the phone itself
    4. Random crashes

I'm paying for the opportunity to be a beta user!

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

i personally think that iPhone. 2.0 is apples worst software..in...ages.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Get in line; that's how 2.0 works. Why do you think that your experience warranted a new thread?

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

5. DrFillster thread starter macrumors member

I thought the iPhone had an OS??? So would you have me compare it to: an OS (which is valid btw), an ordinary cell phone, or a smartphone? NONE have had the issues this one has.

6. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

At least comparing it to a cell phone is more realistic.

If you want to compare Vista to OS X fine. Blackberry Thunder to iPhone fine. iPhone to Vista not really the same imo...

7. stevearm macrumors 6502a

You would imagine a cellphone OS to be far less problematic than a computer OS, unfortunately in this case Vista and Microsoft are coming out of this whole 2.0/MobileMe debacle smelling like roses.

To quote my signature: Microsoft must be laughing their arses off.

8. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Alright then compare Windows Mobile to the iPhone OS then...

9. alFR macrumors 68020

10. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Are you the thread nazi to say he can't start a new thread.

Don't see why they would be, as Apple is raking in the cash with these.

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes, when there are over a dozen documented threads about the problems he has named, he should post his rant in one of those threads.

12. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

I don't agree and a quick look thru the rules I didn't see where it stated you had to air your complaints in threads already started. But to each their own and not worth an argument.

13. DrFillster thread starter macrumors member

and yet nothing has been done to correct said issues. If you don't want to read the thread.... don't. Don't threadcrap just because you have bought the Apple propaganda. Face it; this O.S. (2.0.2) just plain isn't ready for primetime.

Attached Files:

14. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's done as a courtesy to moderators and newbies to not have to go through thousands of threads on six topics with three posts each answering the same question. You are correct, it is not worth an argument; this is just my rationale.

15. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Well, I don't know what AT&T/Apple did - but mine's working. So, I guess it does just work.

16. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This isn't about whether or not there is a fix, this is about whether or not people should clutter up my forums. Apple propaganda my foot; I know that 2.0 has bugs. The "Mac Mini End of Life?" thread has been around for a year but people don't post new threads about that every day. If everyone keeps to one thread per issue, all information about that issue (fixes and new problems) are right there, ready to be read.

17. fastgraham macrumors member

MIne works also, although I usually have 3G turned off. Edge works really well, I never get dropped calls, but sometimes 3G drops calls.

I have been really happy with my phone, perhaps the thread starter has a bad phone, or bad AT&T coverage?

I know that my post here is not helping your issue, I am only writing to tell you that my phone works great, so there is hope.

18. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

i didn't know these were your forums. cool! thx for letting me post here!

19. maxxscholten macrumors regular

YOUR forums?

20. aristobrat macrumors G4

2.0.1 and 2.0.2 both dealt with issues. I'm sorry that they didn't help your iPhone's specific issues.

Having used Windows since 3.1, OS X since 10.3.9, Windows Mobile since 2002 and BlackBerrys since 2005, I have yet to see any company release a major OS version for a computer or phone that didn't cause issues for a certain percentage of owners.

IMO, given that there will always be issues for some people, what matters next is how quickly the company addresses those OS issues.

In the scope of phones, I've seen no other company that even comes close to how quickly Apple releases fixes for the iPhone OS or the elegance in which the updates can be applied. (Windows Mobile and BlackBerry updates nuke all files/settings on the devices, requiring the owner to have to do a restore afterwords).

So it sucks to be in your position. All new OSs should work 100% every time. But they don't. At least you chose a product from a company that has a decent track record of quickly fixing issues instead of one where the first major bug fix/optimization of the OS was released over a year later.

21. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Ok...

Windows Mobile is a relatively bug free OS, that has crashed twice in the whole year I used it.

iPhone OS is full of bugs, that crashes several times a day not to mention laggy.

How's that?

22. iNfowarrior macrumors member

You should probably remove that signature as it doesn't make you look very informed. Microsoft is envious of Apple in this instance, as Apple has pulled off what Microsoft has been doing all along....

Release a total Piece of Garbage called software and then not do anything about it as users cry about the money they wasted, and Apple smiles as they watch the money pile up.

Apple right now : ecstatic about they money they're making for hardly any work on their part at all.

Microsoft : incredibly envious of Apple, yet still happy as pigs in sh*t about their OS on 90% of computers in the world.

Users of both: Total losers right now

23. bamaworks macrumors 6502

Perhaps you should go get a different Smart phone, one with Windows Mobile to connect to your super nifty Vista PC instead of trolling on and on about the one you have?

If thy hand offends thee, cut if off...

*And for the record, a family member of mine has to use a Treo for work and that thing crashes, dies, freezes, locks up, you name it. Nothing is bug free.

24. aristobrat macrumors G4

Weird, I've had the entirely opposite experience.

My WM Tilt consistently lags and freezes up to the point where it requires 2-3 soft resets a day. I'm a religious user of Sprite Backup because I've had the phone hard reset on its own once.

I've had third-party apps crash on my iPhone 3G but that's about it. The only time I've had to soft reset my iPhone 3G is when it wouldn't pick up a 3G signal at all, but that turned out to be an AT&T local issue.

25. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Totally agree with you...both companies are soaking the users and providing a bare minimum product to make money. Then when sales start dropping and voices start getting louder...THEN and only then will they say/do something to fix it.

...and I think that you are just a diehard fanboy that would support Apple crapware even if you couldn't turn on your product. No one here is saying they don't love their iPhone...what they are saying is that 2.0 Software is BROKE and is causing major problems...look at the friggin boards-are you blind? I have been here for over a year since iDay and NEVER have I seen so many problems on these and Apples own boards.

You SIR are the one trolling because someone is offending your pathetic no life support of a product that is truly BROKE right now.

I also was a Treo user prior to the iPhone and I love the iPhone...Just not the 2.0 software which is BROKE!

So...Bite Thy Tongue!