It, not all about speed!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Apple fanboy, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I'm sick of reading on this forum that the 2011 iMac is perfectly adequate. Well yes it is for a lot of typical users (me included), but it's about the price!
    Don't people understand that technology has moved on since 2011!
    I WILL not pay full price for a machine this old. Yes I know about refurb, but I want new and I want to pay a decent price for it.
    I just ordered an iPhone 5 to replace my 4. Does the 4 still do everything I need? Yes. If I wanted to buy a 2011 iPhone, the 4s would it be better than my 4? Yes it would. Would I have to pay the same price it was on launch day now? No I wouldn't.
    Come on apple I realise the iStuff is where the big money is, but at least drop your prices if you're not going to release every year. And don't even get me started on RAM or SSD pricing. Are you having a Giraffe?:mad:
    Sorry for the rant but sometimes you need to get it off your chest!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yadda-yadda-yadda! :rolleyes:

Buy what meets your needs at a price that's reasonable to you. If Apple doesn't make it, buy it elsewhere. End of story.

3. Apple fanboy thread starter macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

But I don't want another windows or hackintosh. I want a 2012 iMac that has a 2012 chip or a slightly older machine discounted. Is that too much to ask?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Well, if they don't exist, it is too much to ask.

5. Bargle macrumors regular

Technically, because of inflation, the 2011 iMac is cheaper now than it was 500 days ago. The iMac is about $80.00 cheaper now. Throw in a refurb model and you're looking at 10-20% off.

6. sainsburys macrumors regular

It's not end of story, because many of us need Apple Computer to work. Can you imagine photograph copying tons of GB over USB 2.0 bought with top-price-computer? I can't.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Anything you can do with an iMac, you can do with another Mac model or with a Windows PC. You don't need any particular Mac model, even though you may want one. Whining because Apple doesn't build computers to a particular user's specifications or on a particular user's timetable displays a severe lack of understanding of how the business world works.

8. sukai macrumors regular

This has been done with a top-price-computer before in the year 2011 and before then, plenty of times too am sure.

9. iHailCarlo macrumors 6502

Pretty mcuh this! These threads on, "Im sick of Waiting" and It, not all about speed! are getting mundane.

10. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Just as much as the naysayers countering every one of them. What does your post add?

There are plenty of people who want to give Apple money for a product you know they're going to eventually make. As days go on without a refresh, you will see more and more threads about it. Just like you will see tons of threads with questions about the new iMacs when they are actually released. It is a forum that is open for discussion. All you're doing is telling people that what they're posting is stupid. What exactly are you contributing to this forum that is so relevant?

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

An opinion, which is just as welcome and valid as yours or any others. Just because you disagree with the post doesn't make it any less relevant than yours.
    Exactly. That means viewpoints on both sides.
    No one said that... except you.

12. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

GGJStudios has a point. It's kinda annoying to see "I don't wanna pay a 2011 machine with 2012 money" here. It was once the voice of reason. But it's getting old now it's been overused in this forum.
    Yadda yadda yadda kinda describe this post quite accurately.

If one needs to rant and get the feeling off their chest, particularly about frustrating new iMac, maybe it's better to do it in an already established thread rather than making a new one. Again. And again. And again just to read another same ol' voice.

13. Cheese&Apple macrumors 68000

Cheese&Apple

IMHO, both sides of this "discussion" are getting old and tired. People ranting about no new iMacs and then people ranting about the ranting.

Then of course there's me...ranting about people ranting about people ranting. :eek: Maybe we should all move on.

14. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

You have opinions?

I thought you just posted FAQs and facts in responses. This is exciting!

15. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Hold your horses! Not so fast! That was a recommendation, not an opinion. :D iHailCarlo's post was an opinion.

16. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

You know what I mean!

Anything that isn't a link or copy pasta with meat sauce.

17. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

18. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Haha, clever! Much better!

19. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

You obviously missed the point. I never said once that he/she should not post. But yet, you guys basically are. That is an opinion, sure, but it is an opinion against the very reason to have a forum in the first place.

I realize you get jaded living on this board. But it is not yours. I don't care how many posts come up about this subject, it is not your decision to tell people that they shouldn't post about it. Again, I am not telling you NOT to post, but you definitely shouldn't be telling people that they shouldn't.

And the poster I was referring to has been somewhat aggressive toward people in the past. If you want to go ahead and use the search feature you throw in everyones face, you would understand that.

If the post is not relevant to you, why post? You're contributing nothing.

20. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's not an opinion against the reason to have a forum, but an opinion about seeing all the repetitive threads. It was not suggested that anyone shouldn't post.
    Please quote where anyone said people shouldn't post.
    That's irrelevant to this thread. There was nothing improper about the post.
    The post wasn't relevant to you, either. What are you contributing?

21. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Right. So your first dismissive post "yadda yadda yadda don't buy if you don't want end of story" was not intended to sound like you're tired of these threads? Which, in turn means that you do not want to see them posted? Don't try to argue semantics. No one specifically said "don't post". But saying things like "I am tired of hearing this" or "blah blah blah" are essentially the same thing. They add nothing to the topic, which in this case is: "It is not all about speed".

The topic pertains to me because not only do I agree with the OP, I am very closely watching for the next iMac refresh. That is why I clicked on the thread. To discuss these subjects. Turns out, you clicked it to tell someone that they sound like a broken record and don't buy it. Thanks for the passive aggressive advice. You really contributed.

22. iHailCarlo macrumors 6502

Ohhh i was quoted for relevance!!! Anyway combine all your mundane, "refresh Mac threads" into one big thread. Everyone is happy. Why so serious?!

23. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I didn't say I didn't want to see them posted. You're reading into my post.
    That's the same reason I posted. You just dislike the fact that someone disagrees with the OP or with your point of view.
    Again, you're reading into my post. I didn't say anything about broken records and I said if Apple doesn't make what the OP needs or wants, buy it elsewhere. That's reasonable advice, even if you disagree.
    You're quite welcome!

24. xkmxkmxlmx, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Ok sorry, I am reading into your post then. GGJstudios would like you to keep posting your posts so he can put them down in a condescending manner. Just like you do to every poster on this entire site. What else is new.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I agree with the fact that they are severely underpowered for the price. I would like to buy a new one with updated *everything*, but unfortunately Apple is not offering one at this point.

Sure, there are alternatives. But I am trying my hardest to hold out for what I want at this point.

I know this is such a boring and mundane thing to read to some of you. I sincerely apologize for saying something like this on a site devoted to Macs, and more importantly, future unreleased Macs.

25. xVeinx macrumors 6502

Of course you want it to be cheaper, just like you want to be able to sell it for $10 a year and a half from now. Wait, what? You want to sell it for near it's original price? ;) It works both ways my friend, both ways.