Italy Driving Related Citation(s)?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I went to Italy in April. In the last week, I've gotten 3 letters from AutoEuropa, the Thrify affiliate saying they were charging me 50L (each letter) on my credit card for administration charges dues to driving citations while I was there. But they provided no information about what the citations were about and said a separate authority would contact me with the details. If I was to guess, it would be something to do with a complete stop at red lights, or right on reds, but I don't have a clue. I plan on calling Thrifty this week, but until I get details, I'm going to tell my credit card company to take these charges off my account.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

50 Lira (which would be 2 to 4 cents) or 50 €?
    50 € is quite low for red light, but European countries differ in what they charge for what traffic violation.

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Actually it's 50 C per violation, my mistake. But this is described as an "administration and handling fee" just from the rental car company, not a citation. This is aggravating me because as I said, I have no clue about what I did. The key is if I get some details or not. If I don't, I'm not paying.

4. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Got a "running red light" ticket in Zurich trying to keep up with my producer in the van in front of me. Got the ticket delivered to my house in the US, tried to pay online, over the phone, and mailed a check. Never came out of my account and never heard about it since. I wouldn't worry TOO much about it. Let your credit card deal with it until you get details about the charges.

5. simsaladimbamba

You should get details, that is how I get driving citations (with the photo or at least reason, what exactly has happened, that they want money from me), even when using rentals. But then again, it is a long time ago since I drove in Italy.