Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vistago

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2004
The Dance

Personally, I think we should come up with some kind of iTMS dance, and then at the exact same time, all go outside and ask the Apple Gods (mainly Jobs) for some iTunes magic.

macFanDave

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2003
A gift from Our President to Your Nation!

Is it coincidence that Canada gets the iTunes Music Store exactly while our duly-elected leader is visiting? HMMMM. (I'm leaving off the cliche response, "I think not", leaving it as an exercise for the reader.)

Now we can be one big happy country once again (except if you are involved in the beef or timber industry)! ;-)

Zaid

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2003
London
now ... no, now .... noo, now .... no, now ...

God this is begining to read almost like a MicroSoft product release schedule

emptyair

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2004
Manitoba, Canada
Eh?

mainstreetmark said:
It is December 1st!

So, are people buying tracks, eh?

Yikes! You don't know how to use that word.

This is how it should have been said,

"So, people are now buying tracks, eh?"

That would be Canadian. What you said was a little weird to say the least.

;)

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
antirealist said:
If this were true, and the recent changes iTMS behaviour we've seen were in preparation for this launch, why has Apple now returned iTMS to its original functional state? Colour me skeptical.

An optimist would say because they got the kinks all worked out, and so are now just waiting to flip the switch...

I'm not necessarily saying I'm an optimist though!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
crazzyeddie said:
I guess Apple usually releases their stuff around 12pm EST... so we'll see...

That is exactly why patience is very important with Apple. Glitches happen.

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
sillycybin said:
yeah. I just cannot laugh hard enough.

I feel bad for all dem up der in da cold with no iTunes. I betcha dem hosers are really ticked off now, eh? Two days in a row of junk rumors.

Nahh, we just go back to the national past time of playing Beer Hunter.

Take off, eh?

cantrdr

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2004
Macrumors said:
After a delay reaching the promised November release, we've learned from an inside source that the Canadian localization of the iTunes Music Store is headed for launch on December 1.

In all fairness Macrumors has lost all credibility by posting this new forum today. Even if it does come out today, you've ruined it now after this post. It was fun on the 26th, logical on the 30th but today you're just taking the p*ss.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Apple certainly needs to offer iTunes very soon. If not they will miss out on holiday sales. :D

Postal

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2002
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Well one thing I know is that the "not available in your country yet" page at least honours the ability to view the front page of other stores normally!

Maybe we do get iTMS Canada today...

Sonofhaig

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2003
Greenvale, NY
This is better than the Comedy Channel!

These past two threads have been the funniest I've ever seen on MacRumors.

In regards to the Canada store...... I don't know what to believe anymore. I will forever take what Apple says with a grain of salt. I do believe they are way to silent on issues like this. As customers, we deserve to be informed, bottom line.

Son

Gear_media

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2004
Edmonton, AB
sillycybin said:
yeah. I just cannot laugh hard enough.

I feel bad for all dem up der in da cold with no iTunes. I betcha dem hosers are really ticked off now, eh? Two days in a row of junk rumors.

Imitating someone from Fargo? That's definitely not an imitation of a Canadian.

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
Ja Di ksw said:
shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

I think that's a saying from Tennessee..I know it's from texas, Probably Tennessee.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
cantrdr said:
In all fairness Macrumors has lost all credibility by posting this new forum today. Even if it does come out today, you've ruined it now after this post. It was fun on the 26th, logical on the 30th but today you're just taking the p*ss.
If you think you can do a better job, start your own Macrumors-esque web site. The people that run this site do a hell of a job and do the best with the information they're given.

macFanDave said:
Is it coincidence that Canada gets the iTunes Music Store exactly while our duly-elected leader is visiting? HMMMM. (I'm leaving off the cliche response, "I think not", leaving it as an exercise for the reader.)

Now we can be one big happy country once again (except if you are involved in the beef or timber industry)! ;-)

haha. We'll trade you iTunes if you send more troops to Iraq. We'll even give you the good body armour. with sugar on top n stuff. PLEASE!

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
neilio said:
Um, Canadian's say "eh" about as much as American's say "h-yuk" or "yee-haw!".
Do you live in Canada?

You obviously didn't get to meet our Prez while he was up there yesterday. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.