iTools Pro?

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
... for 100 schmockeroos a year??? No way! I don't use the iTools often enough to justify an expense like that, when I can have a free e-mail addy at lots of other places. And to have 100 MB of storage online is also not that interesting. I never seriously used my iDisk (for what anyway?). Confidental stuff I would never put on an iDisk and big files I put on my ftp-server, if anyone needs to download them (customers e.g.).

Bye iTools/.Mac !!! It was nice with you, but now it's over...

groovebuster

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
Question... Does this mean goodbye to free mac.com email, or just iDisk for free? I love using my mac.com email address as a spam free e-mail address. It makes me mad to think that I may not get to keep my free mac.com email address just because , oh never mind I'm just rambling. At any rate, will I still get free mac.com email. If not, that puts me in a bad mood.

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
Originally posted by Billicus
Question... Does this mean goodbye to free mac.com email, or just iDisk for free? I love using my mac.com email address as a spam free e-mail address. It makes me mad to think that I may not get to keep my free mac.com email address just because , oh never mind I'm just rambling. At any rate, will I still get free mac.com email. If not, that puts me in a bad mood.
Your e-mail addy will be gone as well...

groovebuster

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
How worthless is that. All I wanted iTools to do was give me a email address away from the microsoft world. Now I have to go back to HOTMAIL?!?! I just finished updating all my contacts that I have a mac.com address. SO LAME! SCREW YOU, APPLE!

I want to say that if you buy a mac, you should at least get a free email account. It doesn't have to hold 20megs either. Just a free email account like hotmail. Look at what HOTMAIL did! and I didn't buy anything from them either. ONCE AGAIN, SCREW YOU, APPLE!

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
Originally posted by ShaolinMiddleFinger
How worthless is that. All I wanted iTools to do was give me a email address away from the microsoft world. Now I have to go back to HOTMAIL?!?! I just finished updating all my contacts that I have a mac.com address. SO LAME! SCREW YOU, APPLE!

I want to say that if you buy a mac, you should at least get a free email account. It doesn't have to hold 20megs either. Just a free email account like hotmail. Look at what HOTMAIL did! and I didn't buy anything from them either. ONCE AGAIN, SCREW YOU, APPLE!
EXACTLY! SO THIS IS HOW APPLE REWARDS THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE BEEN LOYAL TO THEIR SERVICES, CHARGING FOR THEM?

Originally posted by ShaolinMiddleFinger
SO LAME!

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
You don't have to give up your free email account (you cheap bastards). Just convert it to that type of account and you can kiss your iDisk and 15MB of email storage goodbye. You will still have the 5MB of storage, but that is it.

OR, you can pay the $49.95 (for existing users as of midnight 7/16/02) per YEAR and get it all. :rolleyes:

I swear, some of you people look at a $1 bill and expect it to last as long/purchase as much as $100. :rolleyes:

For those that want JUST email, look here for info on how to get just that.