It's a Power Mac!

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
My new Power Mac was "born" last night in manufacturing and has been sent for shipment. :D

Sorry, had to share. :eek:

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
iGary said:
Mackenzie. :D

Cool, a babysitter! :eek:
Nice name . ;)

I'd just like to point out that mad jew lives all the way over in Australia, while I am right up I-95 just north of White Marsh. Y'know, in case you need someone to look after your baby. She'll have a few friends to play with here, too. :rolleyes:

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
powermac666 said:
Nice name . ;)

I'd just like to point out that mad jew lives all the way over in Australia, while I am right up I-95 just north of White Marsh. Y'know, in case you need someone to look after your baby. She'll have a few friends to play with here, too. :rolleyes:
Absolutely! :p

Any bets on ho many times I check my order status today? :rolleyes:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
More than happy to babysit her iGary. :D

What's the first thing you're going to do with her? Introduce her to some of the nice young men on MacRumors?

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
mad jew said:
More than happy to babysit her iGary. :D

What's the first thing you're going to do with her? Introduce her to some of the nice young men on MacRumors?
LOL

Unfortunately, I may be traveling when she arrives. :mad:

I have a trip to West Palm this weekend with no return date scheduled. Blah.

I get my Cinema displays today, so at least I can get my old ACD packed up and ready for her new buyer, whoever that is, and try out the new one.

Hoping the computer ships today or tomorrow - due to come overnight, so if it get's here Friday I can play setup all Friday night. :D

RAM is on the way, but MacMall in all their genious didn't ship my PCI FW and USB 2.0 cards second day like my confirmation says. :mad:

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Thanks for letting me share, all.

My significant other doesn't share my enthusiasm. I had to drag him to the Apple Store last week.

Jedda

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2003
Congrats iGary!

What a fantastic rig to compute on!

What sort of stuff are you going to be doing with it?

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Jedda said:
Congrats iGary!

What a fantastic rig to compute on!

What sort of stuff are you going to be doing with it?
Post-processing, cataloguing and organizing 200,000 12MP images over two years. :eek:

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
iGary said:
My new Power Mac was "born" last night in manufacturing and has been sent for shipment. :D

Sorry, had to share. :eek:
Congratulations!

Be sure to take some pics :cool:

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
EGT said:
Congratulations!

Be sure to take some pics :cool:
and some stats! how many pics an hour, a day, a week. what processor load, ram use, hd space and all the other essentials that make a project like this so cool!

congrats!

andi

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
iGary said:
Post-processing, cataloguing and organizing 200,000 12MP images over two years. :eek:
Ah yes... I remember the discussion of your new "secret" job. It looks like you're getting a system that can handle it. :)

Congratulations, and keep us posted (with whatever you can ;) )!