"Its been too long" refers to what?? Best Guess please.

ChinkyBob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2014
Hi there.
Just for fun, anyone want to guess what "its been to long" refers to ??
Heres a few suggestions, "its been to long...."
...since the update of the Mac Mini.
...before we implemented touchscreen on MacBooks (my best guess).
...since we released a new Macbook Pro 17 (please let it be so).
...we've talked about Apple TV without releasing our own TVs.
...since we introduced any new product.
Just for fun.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Right, exactly. Guys, this isn't rocket science. ;) Their last event was only a month ago, and already they are having another event. "It's been too long" is like somebody telling their friend that they saw only yesterday "long time, no see." Friendly sarcasm. :)

-- Nathan
I suspect it is the thunderbolt displays, new rMBPs and Mac Minis. Maybe MBA as well. If they are going broadwell.

PixelpusherBV

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2013
Harwich, UK
Hoping it'll be a new Apple TV and no longer considered a 'hobby'.
The logo looks like it might be suggesting pressure sensitive touch. On the new iPad perhaps?

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I suspect it is the thunderbolt displays, new rMBPs and Mac Minis. Maybe MBA as well. If they are going broadwell.
No way it's rMBP and MBA. Broadwell hasn't even been released yet, and they just updated both lines earlier this year. This would lead me to believe that the Mini will not be updated either.

I imagine it's the Apple TV. Cook has been talking about it over the past few months and quietly suggesting that Apple wants to get more serious about TV. What that means I can't even guess, but I am looking forward to it either way.

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
All completely wrong...

"It's been too long" can only mean one thing...
As the model was never officially discontinued - Apple will announce that they will start selling the Cube again, renaming it the "Maxi mini"

:D

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
My guess on the slogan is that it refers to the Mac mini. I sure hope it does too because I want to replace my 2010 iMac with a Mac mini and would like an updated model.

zyr123

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
"Its been too long" refers to what?? Best Guess please.

For the love of God. Please be the retina pro with 850 m. My late 2011 mbpro is on its death bed.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
Just for fun, anyone want to guess what "its been to long" refers to ? …
TV or something complementary.

Add to the fun: Apple headphones (not earbuds) that might partly negate the requirement to have a nearby iPhone to get the most from an Apple Watch. (That's stretching the fun; it doesn't fit the 'too long' idea.)

… The logo looks like it might be suggesting pressure sensitive touch.
Look at the graphic.

It implies a finger touching a screen...
This image?

I would never have seen a fingertip in that, not without someone making the suggestion. And I can't imagine a rippled touch to a touch-sensitive device.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
No way it's rMBP and MBA. Broadwell hasn't even been released yet, and they just updated both lines earlier this year. This would lead me to believe that the Mini will not be updated either.

I imagine it's the Apple TV. Cook has been talking about it over the past few months and quietly suggesting that Apple wants to get more serious about TV. What that means I can't even guess, but I am looking forward to it either way.
There is a tablet/laptop out that features the broadwell chipset. Maybe it isn't the Broadwell chips Apple will use though.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
It's been way too long since:

- the last cheap tower ($1299 Power Mac in 2003)
- the introduction of Blu-ray
- an Apple TV update
- iTunes (Radio, TV) had an international expansion

I could go on :p

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hi there.
Just for fun, anyone want to guess what "its been to long" refers to ??
Heres a few suggestions, "its been to long...."
...since the update of the Mac Mini.
...before we implemented touchscreen on MacBooks (my best guess).
...since we released a new Macbook Pro 17 (please let it be so).
...we've talked about Apple TV without releasing our own TVs.
...since we introduced any new product.
Just for fun.
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

This will not happen. Apple puts way too much emphasis on user experience and ergonomy for it to happen.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
It refers to Apples ego.
They going back to the rainbow? That be cool but I doubt it.

Honestly I have no idea what this is hinting at product wise.

I think Nathan is right and its a tongue and cheek reference to not having a product reveal (Keynote) since Sept.

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
New Mac mini assembled in the United States. If true, it would explain the lack of part leaks for a new mini. Same lack of part leaks existed with the nMP.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009

The Broadwell Core M chips (ultra low power) are supposed to ship this month. Those would be used in a new Macbook Air and possibly in a Mac Mini. The higher power Broadwell chips for the Macbook Pro won't be out until next year.