It's Conclusive: Macs are less productive than PC's

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Richard1028, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Because I enjoy using my Macbook so much for the most trivial things I am getting less work done. Oh yeah, hanging out in this joint doesn't help either.

Yesterday I organized all my desktop icons by color. Then I spent 30 minutes deciding on the best order for my dock applications. I think I have the "ultimate" sequence now. But I don't like the icon that Parellels uses for Windows. (I made a note in iCal to look for something better - maybe with some "blue" in it. I'll probably do this next week when I'm at work)

I enjoy booting my mac and timing it for no reason. I find myself cheating sometimes just to gain an additional second or two. I also stop what I'm doing whenever Time Machine kicks in just to watch it back up. (I often go in and out of Time Machine numerous times just because it looks cool).

Today though, I've completely abandoned a massive spreadsheet that's due Monday because I found this really cool game that runs on my dashboard. Crap... I had just organized all my widgets so they line up really nice... now I have to find a good spot for this new one.

Right now I'm firing up every application just to see if I can choke my macbook. It's kind of fun playing around with Expose' and 14 windows. I need to find some more apps.

Later on, I'm going to load Photo Booth and take some pics of me nekkid then email them to my wife (who's in the next room). This time I'll use the Fisheye effect - she hasn't seen that one yet.

2. MikhailT macrumors 601

Conclusive: Macs are more productive than Richard1028's Macs and PCs.

I want to launch Excel...press spotlight type excel and enter and I got what I want all in one second. No ordering apps around in dock, I dont even keep any apps in the dock or have any icons on my desktop (actually all my docs are in stacks in the dock, it is much more organized). All is done through spotlight.

:p

Enjoy your Mac.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Conclusive: You can make up anything you want and claim it to be conclusive, but that doesn't make it the truth.

4. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Conclusive? Don't kid yourself. OS X might be more productive for you, but you cant just assume that your preferences are universal.

Example:
    Its Conclusive: Blue jeans are sexier than slacks

5. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Except: Conclusive, this thread is pointless. You think Macs are so un-productive then get rid of it and go buy a PC so you can feel productive getting rid of spyware and watching your performance go down because you have to load it up with anti-virus and adware monitors. Oh let's not forget the registry, that is just the ultimate in productivity. :rolleyes:

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Did y'all even read his funny post?
    It was actually quite creative

OP, I laughed... thanks!
    Especially the part about email the nekkid pics!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. MikhailT macrumors 601

OMG. You guys missed the whole point, he was joking and just saying how much he enjoys his Mac.

8. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Obviously the OP missed every point in making a funny thread and how to use emoticons to get text to come across as funny and not whinny that Macs are un-productive. :D:D:rolleyes::D:D:eek::D

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not so... I thought it was quite funny and I didn't need a single :D:):eek:;):cool:

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

10. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

It's Conclusive : this topic is destined for the wasteland.

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Why?

I find myself doing equally trivial things on my Mac just 'cause I can too
    I even find myself booting Windows in Fusion just to update Vista and then shut down!

I'm with you on this one OP!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

12. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

I thought the post was funny, obviously intended for a laugh. :)

13. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

All of these posts that aren't actually problems belong in the community forum.

I shouldn't be forced to wade through this nonsense. :mad:

14. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Awww gee, lighten up
    Who forced you to do anything??

You obviously weren't forced to read the post because you missed it completely over your head!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

15. Richard1028 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hey! Settle down fanboys... all "tongue in cheek".

My whole point was to say I'm just enjoying my computing experience a bit more these days. I do more "fun" stuff (yeah, I know that's relative) with my mac than I ever did with Windows - less OS stress I guess. Maybe because I know that Monday morning at the office my macbook will be called upon once again to act as official power point presenter (Because the Lenovo's are finicky with the projector :D).

And MR. Skil... you're about as dry as 40 year old paint.

Extra smileys just for you ---> :D:):rolleyes::cool:

16. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I love that people rushed in here to defend OS X. OP, great job! I thought that was very funny. Just ignore all the Debbie Downers and Johnny NoFuns.

17. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think that part was just as funny as the post itself!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

18. thepawn macrumors 6502

thepawn

Hah, wow, so many people missed the humor.

I thought it was funny! lol

I'm still searching for better doc icons.

19. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

this is how productive i am right now, got 2 projects due monday, and im here.

do you copy and paste the "Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]" every time or is there a way to do it.

ya spotlight is awsome, i still have apps in my dock though, and i have a stacks for my apps which i use barely. i have pretty icons ;) in my dock, which i actually use though.

op, come on organized by color.
    psh you have to organize by type of app, like i got all the system programs ( finder, activity monitor, my printers, stuffit, caculator etc) then alksdjfskl dam i gota go work.:rolleyes:

20. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

21. Gyrferret macrumors regular

Gyrferret

Conclusive: :rolleyes: <- official emoticon of smug apple user "debunking" any reason apple ISN'T the absolute best at anything.

22. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

23. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

are you kidding? its clear the op likes his mac, no emoticons needed at all

24. Gyrferret macrumors regular

Gyrferret

Yeah. Us Here "across the pond" never fully grasped that concept. Add that to the growing list which includes: Cheeseburgers, Dane Cook, and butter.

25. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Apparently in this day and age we need emoticons to express sarcasm in something. Eventually they'll be necessary for any intention behind words. I can't wait until we need to start republishing all of our classic novels with smilie faces just so the youth of our future will be able to understand Pride and Prejudice.

oh and: :rolleyes: