Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Googlyhead

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
I use the tv analogy. It goes like this,
Computer (monitor) would be more accurate. Then you can point out either:

- they've never owned a computer! (technophobe!)
or
- modern OS's and productive apps are optimised for displays just a little larger than their 320x240 286

3lionsbecks

Suspended
Jul 19, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I let them use it. And because most people have used an iPod Touch or iPhone, they see that it actually isn't just a "big iPod Touch".

Really? because I have an iPod touch and an iPad and I think the iPad is a big version of the Touch.

how is it not?

I think thats the point of it isn't it? that its bigger and therefore a better device for media consumption.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Size does matter.
:)

Haha I would probably say this.

Unfortunately most of the people who have commented on my iPad are tech junkies and ask questions like "can you watch flash? can you video chat? ... " and an endless line of questions of things they know it can't do. :rolleyes:

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
I've noticed that for every hater I have 2-3 who love it. Interesting, I had 3 teachers in school today hovering over me to see it's coolness. I almost have to hide it, it attracts attention!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Its just a big iPod touch you wasted your money

^^^^how do you respond to that when people say that?^^^ today I was typing up a paper in school and the kid next to me looked at me and told me I wasted my money when he asked how much paid for it...like I love it but i didn't know how to respond.

Pages, Keynote, and Numbers... I have an iPhone 4 for the rest of the stuff....

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Really? because I have an iPod touch and an iPad and I think the iPad is a big version of the Touch.

how is it not?

I think thats the point of it isn't it? that its bigger and therefore a better device for media consumption.

Yeah I really don't understand how it's a bad thing either. I used to sometimes watch video on my iPhone. Now I have a MUCH better alternative and it's great.

Same with web surfing. It's so much better than my phone for that purpose.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Why do you care why people think?

I like the responses haha very creative. FYI I dont ever take peoples "jabs " nor do I feel that I need to justify my purchases to others I just was curious if anyone had any nice quips which I see you guys do! BTW, pretty eye catching title eh? I bet you guys were set on flaming a troll or something!!
Next time read the whole thread...mkay?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010

^^^^how do you respond to that when people say that?^^^ today I was typing up a paper in school and the kid next to me looked at me and told me I wasted my money when he asked how much paid for it...like I love it but i didn't know how to respond.

Who let Steve Ballmer in this forum?

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
LUL talk about comprehension fail.

fail-lol.jpg

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
It's ok, chump. Somebody of greater comprehensive skill will stroll along and point out the error in your ways... and LUL and LUL and LUL...

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
Here's what my reply would be if I encountered such a person:

Open the game Marble Mixer. Show how four people can play it at the same time. Ask them if four people can get their grubby hands on the small screen of the touch at the same time. Show them other four player games I have. Show them other things like Flipboard etc. (which would just not be the same on a small screen). Watch them walk away in shame.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
It's ok, chump. Somebody of greater comprehensive skill will stroll along and point out the error in your ways... and LUL and LUL and LUL...

It looks like it's time for you to back away from the computer; wipe the CHEETOS dust off your dirty bathrobe; take a shower; and go out into the real world, Skippy.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Something tells me that in a good amount of time, you're going to reflect on this and facepalm in dues to your own realization that... y00 dun goof'd.

to-do-list-trolling.jpg

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA

I reply saying:
"You won't say the same once you get it"
"I know that is why I don't get it," they would say
"Then why not shut up and let me do my work?," I said
"Sorry... guess I'm an idiot after all"
"Yes you are"

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Roll your eyes and look at him and say "well you bought a *insert crappy pc manufacturer*" Then laugh and turn away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.