Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
where are the new $80 in-ear earphones??? any idead when theyre being released?

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I think you should wait a little longer, like maybe a week or two, Apple is working on new laptops, lcd displays, and iphone push so the earphones might not come immediately on the first few days of october.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I think you should wait a little longer, like maybe a week or two, Apple is working on new laptops, lcd displays, and iphone push so the earphones might not come immediately on the first few days of october.
While I understand computers are priority over earphones, a company large as Apple can launch both products simultaneously (or even lesser companies for that matter).

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
the bose in-ears are wayyy better for only $89
The bose are overpriced, they don't even isolate since they don't create a seal, the bass is bloated and distorts.

We'll see how the Apple earphones will sound, but from their design I'm sure they'll be a lot better since they create a seal and are dual driver.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
The bose are overpriced, they don't even isolate since they don't create a seal, the bass is bloated and distorts.

We'll see how the Apple earphones will sound, but from their design I'm sure they'll be a lot better since they create a seal and are dual driver.

They are overpriced, but Apple's $40 regular headphones are worse. There are much better headphones out there - say Shure E2.

the bose in-ears are wayyy better for only $89
The Bose in-ears are probably IMO the worst product Bose has ever made. The Tri-Ports weren't terrible value, but everythingelse in terms of quality is terrible these days from Bose. I do love my 901s though - never going to see those replaced.

1. There is another thread going around - somewhat diverged to the need for proper grammar. This is a good example.
2. iThink you mean $40?
3. Clearly the only IEMs for $400 are from makes of Shure, Ultimate Ears, etc. Apple is not on that list.

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
i never really understood the point of preordering

Well, some companies give a discount for pre-orders. It also guarantees you get one of the first ones out, instead of worrying about whether they will all be scooped up once you get there. (or, it's supposed to anyway....)

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Well, some companies give a discount for pre-orders. It also guarantees you get one of the first ones out, instead of worrying about whether they will all be scooped up once you get there. (or, it's supposed to anyway....)

Yeah, the 1st Generation iPod Touch disproved this theory. There was a small stock within the first two weeks of being released and then those that preordered ended up getting them a month after stores like Best Buy had them.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
Earbuds... Ewwww.

You guys actually enjoy putting little those things inside your ear?

I've never used my earbuds and never will. Earbuds are also supposed to be the major factor toward hearing loss.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Earbuds... Ewwww.

You guys actually enjoy putting little those things inside your ear?

I've never used my earbuds and never will. Earbuds are also supposed to be the major factor toward hearing loss.

not exactly...actually its the opposite. these earbuds are sound isolating, so the volume doesn't have to be as high.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Chill. The earbuds won't destroy your hearing unless you blast them by turning them full volume. Just keep it low and your fine. Wait until the end of the month, they'll be ready to rock and roll.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
We may not see these earbuds in October, it also won't be so hard to believe that they would come out October 31st. Remember that Apple just released two notebooks, I assure that those are going to take precedent.

tombee

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
I'm hoping hoping hoping the extended delay is so they can re-engineer them to work with the iphone.
It just doesn't make sense they would come out with these awesome earphones but not make em fully compatible with one of their biggest items.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I'm hoping hoping hoping the extended delay is so they can re-engineer them to work with the iphone.
It just doesn't make sense they would come out with these awesome earphones but not make em fully compatible with one of their biggest items.

I'd expect to see an iPhone version sometime soon. They also just might realize that the market is not ripe for them...idn?

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Get some Shures. Haven't heard the new Apple pair yet, of course, but they simply can't be as good as, say, the SE210s.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
maybe....i had the se110s and they were horrid

The 110s are bad, they are made to compete with the Bose. I mean if you want true audio sound you have to spend some money with Shure, however I really doubt that the Apple buds will be much better sounding, and they are going to be terrible in build quality comparison.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.