Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smalls78

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Not sure if this helps, but if you're still having trouble, I had best luck with google chrome (firefox and IE never got me past the "checking ATT acct" screen). If it sat for more than two minutes checking my account, I refreshed; twice got the "session expired," three times, it advanced me, the last got me to the "reservation is confirmed page." Go figure.

rajbonham

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2010
regardless if its at&t or apples fault at this...they have no excuse in my eyes, this isn't there first rodeo. should have prepared for a large wave of traffic coming.

Yeah, this is really bad. I've been trying since the second the store came back up and it's consistently gotten worse. I'm just going to try tomorrow morning.

I hope the media picks this one up and tears apple a new one. They're a multi-BILLION dollar company. There's no excuse for this kind of stuff.

Soulsonant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Sorry that you've given up :(

I've also had a much better experience with Google Chrome. For a while I was running 4 apple tabs to see which one would connect. It was semi-successful but not really. Heh.

LocoMoco

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Iowa
Servers may be getting better. I finally made it through for reservation pickup.

Just keep trying.

Reserve pick-up? That seems to be the default if you cant't get through to preordering. I've been trying for an hour and a half. It seems to want to default back to reserving an in-store pick-up:mad:

I realize the servers are overwhelmed but...really. They knew this was going to happen? We are only two hours into this. Its gonna be a long day....

My last attempt. I actually got past the initial processing screen, confirmed my upgrade, and then got the "oops" screen. Servers crashed. :mad:

Soulsonant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Ordered! Now I just have to get back into the store to change the shipping address. Wish me luck...

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
I thought I had it... I selected the delivery option but I got an Oops! screen... and its not in my cart

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
I just wrote yesterday in a pre-order thread how I was praying this wasn't going to happen.

Its in my cart. Oops !
:mad:

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Hmm, I keep getting this...

20100615-11w74xatdcht8t158bdk6hbd3y.jpg

Apple Store is down. Error processing payments. Overcharged customers. No white iPhone.

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
Mine gets to where I can add to cart but as soon as I hit add to cart it says oops an error occurred! Grrrrrrr happened to me about 10 times now.

Soulsonant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Mine gets to where I can add to cart but as soon as I hit add to cart it says oops an error occurred! Grrrrrrr happened to me about 10 times now.

Check your cart, the phone might already be in your cart. That's what happened to me too.

egonpax

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Getting the "Oops" everytime I add to cart...

Also, anyone know how to change my existing voice plan apple.com? That sure would be helpful!

Farns514

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
I was able to reserve mine with no problem at my local Apple store, but was just having difficulty choosing the Deliver option.

corriewf

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2009
I swear I am about to chit a brick here. I reserved one for a new line I am adding to my account and went to add one to existing line, waited 2 hours to get through for that and it tells me only ONE per itunes account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.