It's ok to buy a MBP now

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mark28, Jan 31, 2011.

1. mark28 macrumors 68000

The current Sandy Bridge CPU has a design flaw, the production of Sandy Bridge CPU has been stopped with immediate effect.

April is the earliest Intel thinks it can deliver the new version of the Sandy Bridge CPU's.

So long story short, the current 2010 MBP is a good buy again. Sandy Bridge isn't coming for a while, at the earliest April. But May/June is more realistic for a new MBP.

Don't wait for Sandy Bridge, get your MBP today.

I feel sorry for the people who have been waiting since October 2010 for the new MBP. Just get one now :)

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

You know, I'm not one to bust anyone's chops for not Mroogling, but seriously - you didn't notice all of the threads right here on the first page, talking about the very same thing?

3. raymondthimmes macrumors member

+1

4. mark28 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm talking about buying a MBP now or not :rolleyes: The other topics are talking about this Intel flaw alone. I'm discussing about just getting a MBP now instead of waiting more.

5. Groucho Marx macrumors newbie

Groucho Marx

Have you been waiting since october?

6. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Good point. Anyone who can't make a decision based on the current information probably does need to be told what to do flat out by a perfect stranger. :rolleyes:

7. mark28 thread starter macrumors 68000

Nope, but some people were posting in October and November about waiting for a new MBP already.

I already have one.

8. mark28 thread starter macrumors 68000

Then why do people check the Macrumors buyers guide? A "stranger" makes those recommendation.

9. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Now you are the Buyer's Guide? Have you updated it yet?

10. mark28 thread starter macrumors 68000

Did you pass elementary school? "A stranger" does not refer to me being that stranger?

Anyway, I'm not replying to you anymore, got better stuff to do :D

11. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Yep, I sure did. Enough to know that your sentence structure is an absolute mess.

Regardless, my point was that for people who need someone else to tell them what decision they should make, your thread was spot on.

For those that have the ability to research and make their own decision, it was a bit redundant.

Enjoy doing that better stuff.

12. daytonaATL macrumors newbie

I brought this up in one of the other threads, but I could have sworn that the name for the notebook version of the new SandyBridge chips were called “Huron River”, and majority of the desktop versions were called "Cougar Town". Please do not throw stones if I am wrong, but thought I read a couple of articles regarding the new chipsets that have classified the versions to these names

13. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Hellhammer did answer you in the other thread.

14. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Cougar Town is a television show on ABC starring Courtney Cox, not a chip made by Intel. ;)

15. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

16. XvMMvX macrumors newbie

I dunno what to do, I am not specifically waiting on Sandy Bridge, but I am waiting to see what they do with the graphics chip.

The 330m sounds like it can run the games I am going to be playing (SC2, HoN, Diablo 3, etc).

There is a really good deal on a i7 17' MBP refurb on the store right now. I am just not sure.

17. darkeartg macrumors regular

I just bought an i7 15' and it runs sc2 perfectly with all settings on high at 1680 x 1050. I'm somewhat relieved now that sandy bridge is delayed. I was stressing out whether I should return it or no.

18. SerrQ macrumors member

SerrQ

I bought mine 21.january and not regretting at all.

Funny if MBP come tomorrow :p then I'll kill myself.

19. darkeartg macrumors regular

lol, i bought mine Jan 21 as well. If it comes out, I hope it does come out tmr though, we're still in the 2 week return time frame man.

20. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Hee... totally didn't notice the Cougar Town reference.

21. Alphadan macrumors newbie

From Engadget:
    I am still waiting for the i3/i5 13" MBP, you can go buy the C2D one today, and remember to punish yourself for being so impulsive when Apple releases the new one in March.

22. XvMMvX macrumors newbie

March would be fine, but there comes a point when it just gets to be ridiculous on waiting for the next best thing.

I mean were do you draw the line? 2 months? 6 months?

Some on here seem to think that the update won't happen until May/June/July, if that is the case then just buy now and be done with it.

23. altecXP macrumors 65816

The CPU is just fine. It's the chipset that's the problem, and only 1 version of the chipset.

24. sivosam macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've waited since October and I'm going to wait even if it takes 6 months. No point giving up now, it's just a small delay, not the end of the world.

25. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

At this point I'm just going to wait until summer for Lion and the free Touch deal, my Blackbook is still perfectly fine.