iTunes 11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kingledley, Sep 11, 2012.

1. kingledley macrumors newbie

Any info on what's expected in the next update to iTunes? Assumed it would be launched tomorrow but not seen much recently.

Hopefully it'll be streamlined a bit. Also desperately want them to up the 25,000 song limit on Match. Any other ideas?

2. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Itunes match more than 25,000... That'll happen maybe if you pay double the amount for 50k and so on but not for same price and also itunes match still has problems, i still goy over 80-120 songs stuck in the cloud, just greyed out on itunes so.

3. mactumors macrumors 6502

I'm hoping that Apple will do what they have done on iOS and separate iTunes into different apps. Music, Videos, iBooks, Podcasts, App Store, iTunes U. I'd rather have 6 speedy apps than the big memory-munching monster that iTunes is. Devices should show up in Finder for syncing, IMO.

4. kingledley thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd love for them to separate all the bits of iTunes like in iOS but doubt it'll happen.

Would happily pay for more songs on iTunes Match. Amazon have just released their similar service that offers 100 times what Apple does for the same price though (I think).

Although not necessarily iTunes related, I'd also like to see an iBooks app for the desktop. Not sure why this hasn't happened yet.

5. yongren macrumors regular

This. Plus, it's about time we were able to read iBooks on a Mac...

6. kingledley thread starter macrumors newbie

I suppose there's also going to be this streaming radio thing that's like Pandora. Sounds a good idea as it should encourage people to buy music if they hear it once and like it, and all within the app.

Maybe a design like the iPad music app could be implemented too.

7. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

i have a feeling we are just getting 10.6.4 tomorrow or 10.7 no iTunes 11 yet :(

8. kingledley thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that seems like a good update. Hopefully it's a lot faster to use.

Wonder why it's being held back until the end of October? Another (iPad Mini) announcement that might mean other changes? Also no mention of iTunes Match, which is odd seeing as it's such a key (and relatively new) part of the software.

9. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Most likely that its still in the final stages of Beta? They probably want to roll out iOS 6 first as well and make sure that lands properly and on its feet. Imagine if both iOS 6 and iTunes 11 was released and a large majority of users had some annoying bug that could not allow you to sync your iDevice with your mac/pc... it would be chaos :rolleyes:

10. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Nope, end of October, 10.7 is just an interim to work with the new iphone and ipod.

Looking forward to it but please Apple let nested smart playlists work properly, if you could make them work with icloud that would be even better!!!

11. kingledley thread starter macrumors newbie

That's true. Would be a nightmare.

No mention of this streaming radio thing as well, which seems like a no-brainer from their point of view. Maybe still sorting out the licenses.

12. farawaybrothers macrumors member

YES we can listen to the music we purchase, watch movies, but not read our iBooks? I hope it happens soon :(

13. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

Did they actually say END of October? I followed Engadget's live blog and do not recall reading that. Apple's webpage says simply October. Macrumors is the only place I've read that, so what is the source?

14. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

My source was ilounge:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/apple-announces-major-itunes-update/

So we'll see.

15. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

16. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I just hope they don't take away my beloved checkboxes.

17. William7 macrumors member

That is one of my biggest holdouts against ibooks and ebooks in general. if i buy them i want to be able to read them anywhere.

18. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

19. MangaArtBunny macrumors newbie

I had hoped that they would at least leave play count alone. Besides the name of the song, that's one of the features that I use the most. :(

20. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

I'm sure it's still there (in at least some display methods). Probably just not selected as a default in the screen shots.

21. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

Would be a bit inconvenient for home sharing. Having to leave all those apps open. Unless the viewers are split out and the home sharing/streaming features remain in single utility.

22. alleycat macrumors regular

The newest update just shut me off on my OS X 10.5.8 iTunes library. Works fine in Slow Leopard though.

Thanks again Apple. POS.

23. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Not too much talk about this. This for me was one of the things from the keynote i'm most looking forward too.

I use iTunes for all my Movies/TV Shows/Music. I have no problem with the current set up but looking forward to this new update.

Really looking forward to it.

24. MacAndrew07 macrumors member

do you think itunes'11 will be snow leopard 10.6 compatible, :confused::confused:

25. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

Nope. I expect it to be only OS X 10.7 and 10.8. Apple doesn't support operating systems more than 1 version behind.