Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celebi23

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2004
CT
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/itunes71formac.html

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/itunes71forwindows.html

About iTunes 7.1
iTunes is the world’s best way to organize and enjoy your personal digital music and video collection with your Mac. iTunes is also the easiest way to sync music, videos, and more with your iPod.

With iTunes, easily create a digital music and video collection by importing your personal music CDs or downloading your favorite songs and videos from the iTunes Store. Create your own playlists, perfect for any mood or occasion. Burn playlists to CDs and play them on your home stereo, or sync iPod with iTunes and enjoy your collection in your car or on the go.

What’s New in this Version
Using iTunes 7.1, you can now enjoy your favorite iTunes movies, TV shows, music, and more from the comfort of your living room with Apple TV. iTunes 7.1 also supports a new full screen Cover Flow and improved sorting options to let you decide how iTunes should sort your favorite artists, albums, and songs.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/quicktime715formac.html

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/quicktime715forwindows.html

About QuickTime 7.1.5
QuickTime 7.1.5 delivers numerous bug fixes and addresses critical security issues. This update is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users.

Important Notice to QuickTime Pro Users
QuickTime 7 will disable the QuickTime Pro functionality in prior versions of QuickTime, such as QuickTime 5 or QuickTime 6. If you proceed with this installation, you must purchase a new QuickTime 7 Pro key to regain QuickTime Pro functionality. After installation, visit http://www.apple.com/quicktime to purchase a QuickTime 7 Pro key.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Damn...it would be cool if my 'book could handle CoverFlow smoothly even without fullscreen...

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Ah crap! iTunes broke my [insert name of carefully set-up app here]...

Nah, just kidding. Thought I'd get in first. :D
Downloaded, installed and ready to reboot.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Now I have to spend hours looking for good quality album covers to satisfy this beautiful fullscreen CoverFlow...

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
In Fullscreen Coverflow, is anyone else getting those diagonal thin black lines running from top-left corner to bottom-right across the album cover?

Retired
May 16, 2006
You know that as of iTunes 7, iTunes will download artwork for you, right?
I have artwork for all my albums...and some (especially the ones that iTunes did not have, and I had to find from Google or elsewhere) look dreadful due to bad quality when they are looked at such a large scale...

Snappier Safari

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2007
Woohoo!

:apple: TV

Attachments

• AppleTV.png
    AppleTV.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 552

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
iTunes 7.1 (Apple TV Support) and Quicktime 7.1.5

Apple released software updates for iTunes and Quicktime today.

iTunes 7.1

Using iTunes 7.1, you can now enjoy your favorite iTunes movies, TV shows, music, and more from the comfort of your living room with Apple TV. iTunes 7.1 also supports a new full screen Cover Flow and improved sorting options to let you decide how iTunes should sort your favorite artists, albums, and songs. (Mac, Windows)

Quicktime 7.1.5

QuickTime 7.1.5 delivers numerous bug fixes and addresses critical security issues. This update is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users. (Mac, Windows)

The Apple TV was delayed to a "mid March" ship date with the earliest web orders showing a March 20th shipping date.

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
I have to say as nice as full screen coverflow is, its not very smooth on my MacBook Pro, despite the fact it should adequately be able to handle such a thing.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
ooh, maybe they're coming soon then!

i'd have thought that seeing as the updated iTunes & QT are here, there's nothing left to iron out... :)

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I figured fullscreen CoverFlow would become a feature. Thank goodness all my album artwork is 600 x 600 pixel and larger. :)

System volume overlays don't appear in fullscreen mode, though. Any word on an improved Sound Check algorithm?

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Got the updates downloading now. Will be installing them on at least two of my machines today.

Time for everyone to jump into the water. Watch out for the sharks. Let the complaints start rolling ;)

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Software Update isn't finding anything yet - I take it it'll take a bit to feed through?

It's already in Software update on my PowerPC systems. OS 10.4.8.

So, I'm downloading it through Software Update now.

I'm going to download it once, and then install it on all my machines (using the Download Only option).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.