itunes 7.2 burning question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by furcalchick, Jul 4, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i'm trying to burn my itunes music (only music, i have a bunch of podcasts as well as well as a few other junk) on a cd, but don't know exactly what's the best method to go with this. i tried clicking the music icon with the blank cd in, but it won't let me burn it off. here are some possible options i've come up with so far.

1. backup itunes stuff (this could back up all of my podcasts as well, something i don't want in this backup)
    2. put all my music on a playlist (kinda tedious and annoying after a while)

any other ideas of how i should approach this? thanks.

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

It depends on what you want.

If you want to play music on a CD player, go to Preferences, Advanced, Burning and check "Audio CDs". If you want to make backups, check "Data CDs" instead.

Playlists are the way to go; check out how "Smart Playlists" work; you can easily make a smart playlist that contains only music, or only music that was added to your library since February, or whatever else you want. If you just want to create an Audio CD from an album, click on the Album, "Create Playlist from Selection", burn the CD, delete the playlist.

3. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

thanks. i actually figured out a way to arrange a smart playlist, but it still needs tweaking.