iTunes 7.5 Coming Soon

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A report from AppleInsider points to a release of iTunes 7.5 as early as next week. The release will contain a host of small improvements and bug fixes according to the site, though no radical changes should be expected.

Better management of duplicate video and song entries will be included as well as a more stable experience for users upgrading their songs to iTunes Plus purchases.

Currently in late-beta, the site expects that the software could be released within the week, however notes that such high-impact releases such as iTunes can occasionally see unforeseen setbacks. Nonetheless, the release should be out by mid-November at the latest.

Article Link

dguisinger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2002
and
maybe they will fix their window theme on Leopard so it actually paints itself as a background window when its not the active window!

I find it very annoying that iTunes looks like its the foreground window when its not.

chr1s60

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
California
I figured they would jump to 7.5 since the Windows iTunes is one update ahead of the Mac iTunes. A new feature or two for us Leopard users would be nice.

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
London
Hopefully there will be something to do when you have the same song in two albums, want complete albums, but not duplicate files...

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2007
I'd like to see them add in a "Videos" section, along with Movies and TV Shows for my little 2 minute long videos that I've made, that don't belong in with my full length movies, and sure don't belong in with my TV shows. A small complaint, but still something that I'd personally like to see.

Orng

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
Ooh , I hope it's another iPhone support update, I love installing updates that mean nothing outside the countries that Apple has decided to sell iPhones to. :)

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
To go from 7.4.2 to 7.5 means a significant change instead of a little fix.

[edit] perhaps spotlight integration using the same functions as the sidebar in Leopard. [/edit]

Clive At Five

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2004
St. Paul, MN
I've never had any problems with duplicate songs... what's the fix about? Unless this release preceeds another iPhone firmware, I don't see the point.

And yes, I've never understood the lack of pointing towards ~/Movies. What would the point of having that folder be if it's never used? iTunes should integrate with your user folder, not some random place on your HDD.

Re: iTunes rename... I don't think iMedia has the same ring to it.

-Clive

ejbenjamin

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2005
It's probably too big for a point release, but iTunes really needs a tagging system. I want to be able to attach more than one genre or artist to a single song file.

admiraldennis

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2002
Boston, MA
I'm not upgrading from iTunes 7.2 until they make sorting sane again.

Symbols come before numbers which come before letters. This 'gold standard' of alphanumeric sorting has been used for ages -- even the good old Dewey Decimal system recognizes this.

In iTunes 7.3, Apple decided -- against all conventions -- that it was a good idea to put symbols and numbers after letters when sorting tracks in the library window. I was certain at first that this was a bug, but numerous releases later the behavior is remains the same. This drives me nuts, and I refuse to adapt.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
I hope they make it easier to rename legally downloaded shows from sites like etree. It's such a pain to manually enter in all that info when it comes with a document that has all the necessary info.

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
I always thought Showtime sounded like a good name for a rebranded iTunes. However, I'm sure there are lots of obstacles, given the Showtime TV channel.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
I always thought Showtime sounded like a good name for a rebranded iTunes. However, I'm sure there are lots of obstacles, given the Showtime TV channel.
FrontRow, or FrontRow Manager. As things stand, the brand is so strong, I doubt we'll see a change. But, forget iTunes, I'm ready for a new iPhone update :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.