Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infectbda

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2004
I think it's because iTunes is a windows app as well, and they likely have the same graphic resources hiding in iTunes somewhere. Sucks, I know, but I can't think of another reason.

This is the problem with developing iTunes on two platforms. The Mac version of iTunes on Leopard looks like an old Mac app that was ported to Windows and then ported back again. I just hope they've gotten the clue, and truely unify the UI of ALL of their apps. Everything on Leopard looks so great, but then you bring up iTunes, and it's just sad. And Apple - pick a scrollbar style. I don't care which one you use, but just use one.

One other thing - they have a Windows version of Safari now, but the current Mac version is still a MAC app - why can't the iTunes dev team manage this?

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
and
maybe they will fix their window theme on Leopard so it actually paints itself as a background window when its not the active window!

I find it very annoying that iTunes looks like its the foreground window when its not.
Barring the clear traffic lights (close, min, max) and light grey scrollbars. It doesn't get as light grey as other windows but seriously, it still looks like a Tiger background window so there really isn't any confusion on my end ... that and it has it's own space.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I'll be surprised if Apple doesn't address the lack of "notes" syncing with the iPhone and OS X.

On a side note, in update, I'm surprised Apple hasn't released 10.4.11 for Tiger. It has been a few months in beta now. :confused:

Yeah, Me Too! IM surprised that 10.4.11 hasn't been released. Something must be holding Apple back from releasing it. :confused:

nineteentwelve

macrumors regular
May 31, 2007
Shrewsbury, UK
I'd like to see some form of QuickLook integration. Also, the ability to navigate through an album using Cover Flow, like you can on the iPhone and iPod touch.

Here's hoping!

infectbda

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2004
I'd like to see some form of QuickLook integration. Also, the ability to navigate through an album using Cover Flow, like you can on the iPhone and iPod touch.

Here's hoping!

Don't understand what the point of QuickLook would be, but I agree that having tracks on the backs of the album covers would make using CoverFlow in full screen cool.

nemaslov

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco
Hey, How about a more usable way to change typeface size settings when you print CD books. If my song list has more than say 23 songs, it will list the names of the first 23 and then say....plus 6 more songs. Also Names of bands get cut off sometimes if the songs name or band is long.

If you could play with typefaces and reduce point sizes you could compensate.

Should be easy for Apple to fix.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Maybe they'll modify the graphics to make it look morel like Leopard... or perhaps even better... call for the system resources for iTunes graphics rather than have them all embedded into the App itself.

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
I must admit the songs on the back of the album art in coverflow ala iPhone and iPod Touch would be my biggest request. As well as other tidiness updates and bug fixes.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
This is the problem with developing iTunes on two platforms. The Mac version of iTunes on Leopard looks like an old Mac app that was ported to Windows and then ported back again. I just hope they've gotten the clue, and truely unify the UI of ALL of their apps. Everything on Leopard looks so great, but then you bring up iTunes, and it's just sad. And Apple - pick a scrollbar style. I don't care which one you use, but just use one.

One other thing - they have a Windows version of Safari now, but the current Mac version is still a MAC app - why can't the iTunes dev team manage this?

Maybe this is because iTunes is still using old code from Mac OS 9? So they would have to rewrite it pretty much to make it behaving like everything else in OS X. That's jut my guess... I'm not a programmer.

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
Los Angeles
Hey, How about a more usable way to change typeface size settings when you print CD books. If my song list has more than say 23 songs, it will list the names of the first 23 and then say....plus 6 more songs. Also Names of bands get cut off sometimes if the songs name or band is long.

That's another good request. I've had that same problem myself.

nemaslov

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco
I too would like an option for duplicates to be...well more refined. I have about 33,000 songs on my iTunes and Classic ipod. I also have many versions of the same songs which I love and want to keep, ie Mono/stereo, demos, live versions, alternate takes and so on.

There must be a way to bring up EXACT duplicates up. I mean songs that are idendical-maybe loadsed in from main album as well as collections and hits.

The time (length of the songs) would probably be the easiest for Apple to manage as versions are ususally slightly different times.

Maybe you could click boxes before it pulls up the dupes so you could zero in closer to actual exact dupe songs.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Faster opening is all I really want from this...hopefully an update will bring that (especially on Leopard)...

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Yeah, Me Too! IM surprised that 10.4.11 hasn't been released. Something must be holding Apple back from releasing it. :confused:

Thank goodness someone else is concern about this other than me. I can't connect my external HD directly to my MP instead I have to hook it up on USB hub 1.1, and I am not gonna waste money on something that can be fixed. (All hacks to fix it did not work for me)

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003

Thank you!

I sent a request for this to Apple's one-way feedback site a couple of years ago.

The CD booklet printing is great - it only needs a few more features to make it outstanding. Adding the capability to adjust fonts, sizes, print 2 lines per track and possibly choose some additional fields such as release date, album name, and composer would be really nice.

Seems like Apple has stopped making significant creative improvements to the iTunes app for a number of years now, being content with minor tweaks now and then.

ipodG8TR

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2005
South Florida
 please add these features!

1. Allow users to add the "Explicit" tag to songs already in their iTunes library.

2. Better management for iTunes library for multiple users in household. Purchased content should be available to every user, but libraries should be unique. Eliminate chance of duplicate purchases even if multiple accounts in household.

3. Give us the option to select more than one genre per song. A Soundtrack is also going to be a certain type of music. Holiday (Christmas, Halloween, etc) and Disney (Children's) are also too general. I hate manually adding "keywords" to the comments section.

4. Add and/or logic to smart playlists.

5. More options (fonts/sizes) when printing album art.

6. Allow duplicate (identical) songs to be shared between multiple albums so albums are complete (alias with info for 2nd and 3rd tracks?).

I'm sure I'm missing some.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I too would like an option for duplicates to be...well more refined. I have about 33,000 songs on my iTunes and Classic ipod. I also have many versions of the same songs which I love and want to keep, ie Mono/stereo, demos, live versions, alternate takes and so on....

When they get around to fixing iTunes to better handle classical and jazz then you will have what you ask for. Or when they solve your problem classical and jaz fans will have what they want.

Classical and jaz genres are the most likely to have large numbers of duplicates. The same composition might by played many times by different performers

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Hopefully the address the fact that once an iPhone is syncing, its pretty hard to do anything else without significant crawl/slowdown.

Also address Coverflow's lagging/jerkiness

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Dude,

Don't be a dinosaur - adapt or die :D

Actually I was surprised when I first noticed that the collating sequence had changed. I prefer the new sequence - I feel that it cleans thing up a bit in my list to see tracks beginning with letters first, followed by numbers and special characters. It's just an aesthetics thing with me.

I am so with you on this. I like the new sequence as well. It looks much cleaner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.