Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Asar

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
so what if i rent this from blockbuster? i get to keep the digital movie?

ProstheticHead

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
Seattle, WA
Hello my first post just to let you guys know that i received my dvd of family guy blue harvest (star wars spoof) today comes with a extra disc for digital downloads that can be placed on ipod or iphone it requires itunes 7.6. I got the dvd a week before street date so itunes update on the 15th latest guarantied.:apple:

Received an "early copy" eh? Just like those "early copies" of Leopard people got from torrent sites? ;)

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Nice.

The Order of the Phoenix DVD has a code for a digital download for 'Your computer and personal video player".

Small print at the bottom says "not available for Mac OS X or iPod devices" :rolleyes:

Where'd you find that? I just bought the Order of the Phoenix DVD. I have Flip4Mac installed so if it's in WMV format, I should be good.

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
IMO Family Guy is indeed the rightful successor to the Simpsons show, but not in a good way... hilarious.

I totally agree with every point you made. I caught an episode of "Family Guy" for the very first time about two weeks ago. The "humour" was vulgar and mean spirited; I didn't get the point of it.

Asar

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
i think this is a great idea, saves a convert. so apple must be getting paid for every movie sold at stores now with this feature. more money :D

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
As dumb as some of the later episodes are, at least Homer Simpson is at the bottom of it all, a good person with a heart. There isn't a single character on Family Guy that actually is a "good person" with the exception of the dog, Brian. Even he is constantly being set-up into situations where he has to lie, cheat, or do some other nasty thing so that he won't seem like he's better than the rest of the reprobates on the show.

Before Homer was the breakout character, the whole series was about Bart, who was a "bad boy", and received a LOT of flak for being a terrible role model. Only FOX would carry the show at first.

I'm not sure the two are all that different, except for Family Guy lacks political correctness, which means if you're not tolerant of off-color jokes, you are welcome to not watch it. But, as the ratings will tell you, many people get a good chuckle out of it, and much like early Simpsons, is that so bad?

PS: Can you Apple-Shift-4 that image? Get us a screenshot, and not a picture.

Poll Smoker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
But, as the ratings will tell you, many people get a good chuckle out of it...

And McDonalds serves a billion people a day. What's your point?

In its defense though, in its second incarnation, Family Guy is much less mean-spirited than it was the first time around.

And compared to American Dad (rip-off of a rip-off), it's like Citizen Kane.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
iTunes 7.6 will probably include some new iPhone features as well. Next week can't get here fast enough :D

MillieWales

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2003
UK
Um, ever hear of a screenshot?

People would have accused him of faking it. Don't see many apologies for not believing the guy either, people are so quick to laugh at things they hear but seem to go all quiet when faced with the facts!

sartinsauce

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2006
Los Angeles
IMO Family Guy is indeed the rightful successor to the Simpsons show, but not in a good way.

The Simpsons started getting bad when they began to go way to far into micro-second "fantasy interludes" and dropped any pretense of internal logic, realism, and character and situation driven story-lines. It quickly descended into the worst kind of drivel, and became sort of an illustrated version of a bad stand up routine from some third-rate Vegas bar.

Family Guy takes that shift and runs it out of the park with it. They also add a generous helping of cruel, nasty, negativity on top.

As dumb as some of the later episodes are, at least Homer Simpson is at the bottom of it all, a good person with a heart. There isn't a single character on Family Guy that actually is a "good person" with the exception of the dog, Brian. Even he is constantly being set-up into situations where he has to lie, cheat, or do some other nasty thing so that he won't seem like he's better than the rest of the reprobates on the show.

The "message" of Family Guy (such as it is), is that we are all shallow, cruel and selfish people and it's humour comes from a very uncool, relishing of that fact. Whomever writes it must have a particularly cruel bent, and an almost hopeless view of humanity in general. I'm betting that he used to pull wings off of flies as a child. ;)

IMO, if you are the kind of person that laughs out loud at "America's Funniest Videos" when a baby bashes it's head on the sharp edge of a coffee table, then you will find Family Guy hilarious.

That's funny, your derogatory insinuations and negative connotations portray all the elements of Family Guy that my friends and I enjoy the most. The "fantasy interludes" lacking "internal logic" are brilliant departures from traditional linear storytelling.

The "cruel bent" of the writers is what keeps the show fresh and allows them to continue to push the limit of what is "acceptable" or "appropriate" for Broadcast Television. This kind of "boundary pushing" allows the writers use their creativity in ways that works circles around other television comedy writers.

You know, I started to write a lot more, then I realized that since you don't "get it" already my comments and arguments are useless against you.

EDIT: Back on topic, this feature is excellent and very exciting, I'm really looking forward to these benefits of these new content partnerships. This should be a very hot year for Apple!

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
This is great! We bought the new Harry Potter DVD for the digital version only to find out it was WMP compatible only! We were highly surprised and disappointed... this is good and I hope we see more soon!

mr echo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Received an "early copy" eh? Just like those "early copies" of Leopard people got from torrent sites? ;)

Bit harsh:( its amazing what you can download these days you even get the packaging and t-shirt to:D one last pic for you

Attachments

• DSC01326.JPG
    DSC01326.JPG
    538.8 KB · Views: 322

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
FAKE pic!!! The moray girder manifold lines are opposite of the polarity of earth during the vernal equinox according to the standard moray association and photoshop shows different spectral results that contradict any possible truth LOLOL, jk :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.