Itunes 8.0 for Iphone - Speculation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Aug 23, 2008.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

So what do you think the new features going to be in the big itunes update in terms of Iphone functionality? It would be cool if the new Itunes 8.0 has a feature where we can setup or change the settings of Iphone via Itunes and not just thru the Iphone. It would also be nice if we can just drag and drop apps from Itunes to Iphone instead of syncing all the time. So what do you think? ;)

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

i think it will have some nice improvements, as well as a better use experience.

3. oranges macrumors member

4. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I was thinking the same thing.

I would like to see more settings for the iPhone an easy way to ease all of the "customize your iPhone home screen" complaints would be to add an editor into iTunes that allows you to do this. I highly doubt they will have this but one can wish...

5. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

It will have an auto-font converter to ease the eye strain others.
    :)

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Wireless sync. No more USB cables. More TV . video options. Apple has all sorts of options - i'd imagine it's in line with their plans for QT and iTunes for SL

7. sibruk macrumors 6502a

I hope there's going to be a way to organise your iPhone home screens directly in iTunes 8. And maybe a way to (free) trial a paid-for app for a limited period? I'm sure many developers would love this model if it were available to them. It's the way the software world works these days, and Apple seem to have overlooked that fact.

8. affenage macrumors newbie

And maybe a text editor to auto correct for grammar?

sue

9. moka macrumors 6502a

i dont think there will be much towards the iphone with itunes....

10. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

11. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I hope there's no iPhone or movies in the new music app. Phone and movies belong in their own app (ie iPhone.app and Cine.app).

12. crotalus99 macrumors regular

I'd like it to fix the movies. If it plays in iTunes I should be able to play it on my iPhone/iPod. I don't want to have to have 2 versions of every movie. One for appleTV and one for iPhone. It doesn't go with the "it just works".

13. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

a move towards Cocoa? Or by WWDC 2009 / SL anyhow. I'd imagine that as soon as multi-core optimisation comes online, the ability to more rapidly convert movies to H.264 etc will come into play.

14. swr2000 macrumors member

I'd love the ability to add a button to my homescreen that would allow me to switch between edge and 3G instead of having to go through all the settings. Something similar to adding a webpage button.

15. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

I'd like to see a similar Iphone interface on Itunes 8.0 :p I saw one time an Iphone tutorial software, I forgot what name was it. And basically just show you how to go around the iphone thru the mac and you'll be able to do it too, that was cool and would love to see that on Itunes. ;)

And we need a better ringtone maker in Itunes for FREE!!! Why do I have to pay to make a ringtone if I already bought the song! :confused::mad:

16. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

17. brewno macrumors 6502

18. Haruk macrumors member

IT BETTER CURE WORLD HUNGER OR I AM GOING TO BOYCOTT APPLE WE HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE VERSION 1 FOR IT AND THEY STILL DIDNT FIX THIS ISSUE

19. emperoruriel macrumors member

About your ringtone request, you do know you can create free ringtones with Garageband. All you have to do is drag and drop a song, edit it, loop it, and under "share," choose send ring tone to iTunes. Make sure the loop is less than 40 seconds

20. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Wireless Sync for iPod touch and iPhone.

That would seriously, rock!

R-Fly

21. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Apple do have to sort out iTunes becoming overcrowded. It started as a music app, not it covers Music, TV shows, Movie Rentals, Movie Purchases, Applications, Ringtones, Syncing contacts, mail accounts and calendars.

You can't move the iPhone to a separate application - it is, after all, an iPod. The touch needs all those things anyway, so they have to stay in iTunes.

Maybe they can redesign QuickTime and use that for movies. But then, it's far less convenient - having one store for all digital media is quite convenient, if a pain to use.

22. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I'm guessing some sort of itunes subscription model with a discount for MobileMe subscribers.

23. emperoruriel macrumors member

Just a question, when will iTunes 8.0 be speculated to come out?

24. DPB17 macrumors 6502

By the end of next month along with all the other software and hardware updates.

AND THE MONSTER LEPT UPON THE MAN AND HE SAID, "Yeah I need bout three fiddy...

25. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Cover Flow that works like the Cover Flow in the iPhone and iPods.

I would like to see this drag-and-drop functionality. Something like a "drop box" in the shape of an iPhone where you can place apps (represented by their icons) in there from iTunes.

Something like multiple versions of a movie represented by just one movie in iTunes view. iTunes would sync the right version as needed (320*240 for iPod nano and iPod classic, 480*360 for iPod touch). There could be a "Convert movie in background" option too.

One rumor says September with the new iPods and all that. Another rumor says iTunes 7.8 will come in October, so iTunes 8 would come after that.

I can also see a Cocoa rewrite and a general user experience like a combination of iTunes 7, iMovie '08, and the iPod touch / iPhone's iPod feature.