iTunes 8.2.0.13 Beta BUG

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFC Archer, May 10, 2009.

1. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Hello Again, Most of you know me from my major post about 100 New Features. With 3.0 Beta 5 and iTunes 8.2.0.13 I have come across a major bug and can only post here since Apple does not see fit to allow those that beta apps to post in the bug reports.

I installed the most recent updates the same as all previous Beta versions and it went without a hitch. However, I decided to rent a few movies from iTunes this week and it literally shut down and crashed iTunes 8.2.0.13. I have multiple crash reports but cant send them to apple. Cant get in the dev forums to post this either and the apple forums for whatever reason deleted it seconds after I had posted.

To validate, I downgraded iTunes to the current 8.1 version and was able to watch my four rentals without incident or crash. After watching the videos, I deleted them instead of waiting the 24 hours and then re-installed 8.2.0.13 over the top of 8.1. The first start up while validating my library, it crashed again but I immediately reopened and it successfully connected, updated/confirmed the library and is working again.

I ask two things...if someone is willing to confirm this bug by renting a movie while using 8.2.0.13 and somehow let apple know I have a bunch of crash reports that can probably help them if they want it. I am a lagit beta tester and have wanted to do nothing more then help with testing the iPhone and apps for the 5 developers I test for. These developers can confirm my status with them and we have their apps up and ready for 3.0 release.

I do not know of any other way to get across to apple that there is a major bug with iTunes except with the help of some of you in here.

Thank You!

2. ewindsor macrumors newbie

Confirmed!

Hi - I'd like to confirm this bug. I'm on a PC and I am having trouble watching Episodes of The Office Season 5 in HD. I don't download any other TV shows but since then, it's been crashing every time I try to play it within iTunes. Once (and only once) I renamed the m4v file to mp4 and played it in Quicktime, and Once it played through.

On the other hand, I have a Mac Mini that I copied an HD video to, imported it into iTunes (same version but for Mac) and it plays fine.

Hope this helps!

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Sorry to be blunt, but posting about it won't solve a thing. You did your part in reporting the bugs to Apple. Apple, doesn't need you shouting across all four corners of Earth there is bug when its clearly a Beta software you have.

4. SFC Archer thread starter macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Understand what you are saying...however...you did not understand what I was asking. Please read the last paragraph again.

I am a Beta Testor for DEVELOPERS. I am using the 3.0 software to test their apps. I do NOT have access to the Developer Forums or Bug Reports so CAN NOT give them the Crash Reports that I think they would/should need to fix this bug. I was asking for HELP to get these crash reports to Apple.

I hope that is clear enough for you.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

This is probably the dumbest comment I've ever read. I really wish people would think before they submit.

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

If you are a beta tester for a developer's apps, then can't you just send the crash reports to those developers and they can submit them, along with a bug report, to Apple?

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Sorry maybe I should elaborate so I don't sound like a troll.

Posting about it may not solve it, but there's a good chance that Apple will hear about it more/sooner after a number of people read about it here, try it for themselves and realize they are experiencing the same issue.

He said in the original post that Apple isn't allowing him to submit bug reports, so I don't know where you got the idea he had already informed Apple.

How is he "shouting across all four corners of the earth"?

And we all know it's a beta. Do you know what a beta is? A beta is released to be tested and any bugs/problems found in that beta need to be reported just in case it's something that hasn't been caught by Apple themselves. OP did the right thing and took the necessary route to get it noticed.

8. golden3159 macrumors member

You need to learn to read. He can't submit them.

9. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

So you are illegally using pre-release software? If you are a ADC member you should have no problems reporting a/the bug.

I am sorry but if you are illegally using Apple software why would Apple have any reason to want to listen to you?

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

No such thing. You (or whoever gave you the software) is breaking their agreement with Apple.

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Try at another time or keep trying to contact them

which is why Apple has set up developer forums.

Due to the NDA he is not allowed to discuss openly. Even discussion what is new in the seed is a NDA violation, its just we get our info from "anonymous" sources.

12. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

@OP

bugreport.apple.com

You can post a bug report on just about anything there. You don't need to be an iPhone dev to access this. You do need to be an ADC member though (membership is free). Problem solved. Get that bug reported, man! :D

13. SFC Archer thread starter macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I am registered as a developer and also under another Apple program. You are totally wrong. Developers ARE authorized to set up Beta's to prepare their apps for the 3.0 release and issue the appropriate updates and software to insure that their apps meet the new requirements. So please make sure you know what you are talking about before you respond to what is legal and fully authorized. I am not illegally using any Apple Software.

You are wrong also...it may help if you guys do a little research before you start thinking you are better then everyone else. I can not develop on a Windows XP and will not pay for something I cannot use. I am registered as a developer through the regular SDK account and also registered through 5 developers as their app beta tester and it IS AUTHORIZED.

MDMac...Thank you for you attempt to help but I had already tried that route and everytime I log in I get the following:

An error has occurred. Please report the error to Apple Inc. by emailing the error detail to devbugs@apple.com.

I have sent another bug report to apple for that bug with the link that is in the error.

I am glad there are a few out there that truly try and help people instead of thinking they are better then everyone else and know it all.

I was only trying to help with crash reports and did not ask for all the BS spouted by the high and mighty.

At least you have the courtesy to respond with an attempted solution and I truly appreciate it.