iTunes 8 - available now...

bigscotal

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Your PC will be either 32 or 64 bit.

If you are not sure which it is, go for the 32 bit option I would say. 32 bit should work on a 64 bit machine, but not vice versa.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Advance Tab is GONE under Preferences. To set your Rip settings is now located under General and Import Settings. Haven't found the other two missing tabs yet.

Sync Tab is GONE and is now under Devices combining all sharing devices under one tab...Remote functions is now located under this tab as well.

iPhone is seen as new hardware when plugged in...syncing now...still syncing (7 min now)...backup complete took 12 minutes, now its reloading my library on to my iPhone...probably because of the Genius. Oh and by the way, I did sync prior to the install of 8.0.

No updates for my apps so can't comment there.

Ok...sync completed...25 minutes total. No Genius on the iPhone...yet, under playlist's. Expect that Friday. No 2.1 update as expected when I checked for update. That is it for the iPhone/iTunes sync report. No major changes with iPhone hooked to iTunes.

Now for the 30 gig 5th Gen iPod...no software update. Did not load it as a new device. Pulled over 1700 songs OFF of the iPod and is now reloading them.

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68010
Aug 23, 2008
iTunes 8, is it really worth it? I turned off Genius as I see no point for it, and other than that I don't find anything else new.

FJR

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Just a warning, if you have a few thousand album covers, it take like 10+ minutes for iTunes to create the thumbnails for grid view before you can do anything else.

FJR

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
also of note, "just for you" is no longer in the iTunes store. I guess its been completely replaced by genius (or maybe it appears after genius has finished working, as its still uploading facts about my library, I guess its the price I pay for 150 gigs of music)

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Apart from Genius, what's new? Looks the same to me???
A lot of it appears to just be visual changes...the music library has changed a bit, as well as the podcasts. So, other than the Genius, thats all I've noticed so far.