iTunes Connection Issues iOS 10.3.1

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Mlrollin91, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Since iOS 10.2, I have been having the iTunes backup issue where "Connection to device has been reset". I was able to find a workaround and it has gotten me this far (Apple has yet to address my countless bug reports). Since updating to 10.3.1 I have noticed another issue. When plugging my iPhone and iPad into iTunes (at the same time) one device always loses its connection. I know this because the update pane says "please plug your device in..." This issue only occurs when both devices are plugged in at the same time.

I have tried over a dozen USB cables and I have tried all 4 USB ports on my iMac and 2 on my MBA. Same issue. I have also tried PRAM and SMC resets. I just wanted to see if anyone has seen similar behavior.

There is another issue yesterday that someone posted about the device disconnecting via backups. I don't think this issue is related. Its also on Windows and not macOS. This issue is literally just iTunes dropping the connection. If I check system manager, it still shows both USB devices connecting and both devices are charging. So its either an iTunes or iOS issue.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/cant-back-up-iphone.2042057/#post-24502291

2. Feasceaft macrumors newbie

I had this error several times this week trying to do a backup via wifi (iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.1). In the end I synced via wifi (without backing up) and the next time I tried to backup it worked.