'iTunes + iPod Video' Sighting

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the media event coming up on October 12th, rumors continue to fly and resourceful users are searching for any evidence of upcoming products. Rumors range from Video iPods to PowerMac revisions.

One link that is floating around as "evidence" for a Video iPod is an old link left over on one of Apple's individualized country sites.

http://www.apple.com/za/itunes/video/

The page is entitled "iTunes + iPod Video" and appears to link to a video which is not available. On first glance it appears to be a new ad. However, this is an old "iTunes + iPod" promotional video that was shown at WWDC 2004 and not a new ad featuring a Video iPod. The video was shown during the WWDC 2004 keynote speech (7:55).

The wait is still on. More rumors/details as they become available.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
posted to head off the thousands of submissions and stories that would appear about this leftover page.

arn

Lollypop

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2004
Johannesburg, South Africa
Chaszmyr said:
It's sad that something like this had to be posted on the front page :(
Very sad! I live in South Africa... we get products a month late, support is weak, we have no adds for ANY apple product .... there is no way in H%LL this could ever be real!

lucasraggers

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2003
Netherlands
So if it said "iTunes & iPod commercial", we are expecting an iPod commercial? If it said "iTunes & iPod ad", we are expecting an "iPod ad"?

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
ericssonboi said:
This is funny.. too much speculation
but.. I want one...

why, WHY must you speculate on my heart??
:p

I'm just waiting until I get my new iPod and install linux for video. :D

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
its just a Video of the iPod and iTunes. South Africa is always waaay behind with product releases etc.. I lived there i know. Just like lollypop said this is in no way real!!

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Hmmm... that link was pretty pathetic. It's just a link to an old ad with a VIDEO (i.e. Quicktime movie) of an iPOD AD hence "iPod Video".

I'm not holding out for iPod Videos - as Steve Jobs said, what are we going to put on them? I'm sure walking around watching music trailors is really cool :rolleyes:

I think this media event is to do with new Pro machines. About time. Any new iPod would kill the iPod nano honeymoon in one fell swoop.

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
This is getting ugly...

look for stuff and your sure to find it... whether it's there or not...

I think I'm going to hide in a hole until the 12th... maybe go play with my PowerBook 520c or my new Cube...

FunkSpaceMonkey

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2004
Australia
As already mentioned, Steve said it wasn't going to happen.. Movies would be a joke on them..... Too small, why not just watch it on a laptop? Music videos would get boring.. But if video podcasts keep coming, that might get people interested.....

nahhh..

Stupid rumor..

ZLurker

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Sweden
Think about it

The more i think about it, the more i tend to think this will be a pro event only.
Thats where apple really have to put in some effort.
It will be really interesting to see how he will present them.
New powerfull machines that will last for ages.... and they must survive the intel transition....
Hmm interesting...

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Veldek said:
I think the following link is more proof than this.

http://www.apple.com/movies

Normally, links to sites that don't exist lead you to the 404 page, but this one is different.
Mm, but it has been that way since at least July and widely reported. Apple would be slick enough to smooth it over by now if there was something substantial to hide there, don't you think?

MacsRgr8

macrumors 604
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
It still baffers me why it's "one more thing..."

Is a Pro-update "one more thing..."?

What was "one more thing..." intro of:
- Cube
- G5
- PowerBook G4 Ti
- iMac G4

So, some seriously new & brilliant stuff.

IMHO only a Dual Core Power Mac lives up to the "one more thing..." standard.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
MacsRgr8 said:
IMHO only a Dual Core Power Mac lives up to the "one more thing..." standard.
Those of us who want dual core powermacs may consider them pretty revolutionary, but I doubt Apple does. After all, they will be dual core, but they will use an architecture Apple is about to phase out.

podfuture

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2005
iPod Video, Yes. WiFi in the iPod, not now.

Yes, we will see Video iPod next week.

Maybe Airport Express goes video because that is useful with video content on the Macs.

But no WiFi in the Video iPod for now.

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
Oh, for the love of God, Macrumors should be ashamed of themselves.

Either they are trolling for traffic or do zero research.

THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DEBUNKED.

It's a Video about "iTunes + iPod" not a iTunes + iPod Video product page.

But I am sure there will 600 more posts after this. Go to engadget.com and see for yourself (the original source.)

MacsRgr8

macrumors 604
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Chaszmyr said:
Those of us who want dual core powermacs may consider them pretty revolutionary, but I doubt Apple does. After all, they will be dual core, but they will use an architecture Apple is about to phase out.
Apple will still be calling the Dual (Duals especially) Cores revolutionary, even if they don't really think so.
They still have to sell these Pro-Macs for, almost certainly, nearly 2 whole years. Gotta keep the hype.