iTunes Match multiple MacULARS

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Trhodezy, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Trhodezy macrumors regular

Hello guys!

I'm considering dropping Spotify (£9.99 per month) for iTunes Match (£21.99) seeing as I've already got 90% of my Spotify playlists on my iTunes libraries.

Now I have a teeny dilemma, I have a MacBook Air & iMac. Both with two completley different iTunes libraries.

I was wondering; if I get iTunes match will it upload my MacBook Air and iMac's libraries?

It's just, I don't want to upload/sync my iMac for when I go to sync my MacBook and it replaces the songs or something...

I know that's not an Apple kind'a move, but I thought I'd make sure before I do anything.

THANKS Y'ALL.

- T

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Here's what happens: You matched your first computer, and iTunes Match has a list of matched songs and uploaded songs. When you match your second computer, the songs from that computer that iTunes Match doesn't already have will be added to iTunes Match. Now on each computer, there is an option in iTunes "Show/Hide music not on this computer". If you choose "Hide" then your library only shows music on that computer. If you choose "Show" then your library shows everything; and music that was on the other computer will be automatically downloaded if you play it.

3. Trhodezy thread starter macrumors regular

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Thank you very much! Appreciate it. :)